Live AC3 encoding

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by Bobfred, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Bobfred

Bobfred New Member

Hello,

I'm french and my English is very bad, but I have a question about AC3 encoding.

I use Première 7 and I want to send to my decoding system, from the SPDIF Outpout, an AC3 encoding sound.

Is it possible with the KX Drivers to configure a specific 5.1 to SPDIF output?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Fred

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

kX cannot encode AC-3

i don;t know of any soundcard apart from the nForce soundstorm system that can

3. Bobfred

Bobfred New Member

Thanks.

But do you thing that somebody is working on the subject or it is totaly impossible on an Audigy sound card?

Bye, Bobfred

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

i think it is impossible with the hardware on the card… perhaps the software route could be taken - but then it is unrelated to kX

5. daPyr0x

daPyr0x New Member

Seeing as AC-3 decoding is already software based, couldn't it thus be possible for the kX driver to include an AC-3 encoder that just outputs the AC-3 through the S/PDIF output?

I mean, if you already have an AC-3 file, or a movie with AC-3, or anything else like that, the card can put out the digital information through the S/PDIF output; so wouldn't it logically be possible for the kX driver to encode to AC-3 and output to the S/PDIF?

I never said it'd be likely....but plausible?

I think, Bobfred, that you're out of luck for anything that will do AC-3 encoding on-the-fly. A simple google search for a software AC-3 encoding suite shows a lot, so it's more than possible to encode from your Premier suite to an associated, or maybe embedded, AC-3 file; and then play that to output to your system...