loading windows xp pro

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by saabmania2, Mar 17, 2007.

1. saabmania2

saabmania2 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I hope someone can help i've been trying to load windows xp pro onto my daughters computer that i've just built i've tried 2 different hard drives and i'm now using on-board graphics just in-case it was the graphics card the problem is when you go through the installation process it get so far then either does a memory dump and i get the blue srceen of death or it get to the point of asking if you want to put in an administraters password i click next without entering a password and it say's i need to re-enter admin password (even though i haven't entered one):confused:

Hope someone can help me please i'm going to bed now as i've been up all night and i'm :dead: trying to sort this but i'll be back later.
    tia
    Paul

2. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

After reading thru that, I think it's one of two things. But to be honest I think the first thing I'm going to tell you probably isn't it, but I've seen it before, it's just that it seems to happen at the start of installation.

1- If the HDD is S-ATA are you sure you have the controller stuff in the bios set up right? (normaly if it isnt you can't get as far as you have, most of the time you can't even formate the drive, and worse then that, it's not recognized)

2- When my buddy was building his machine he asked me over to help because he was having a similair problem. It seemed that it was his motherboard, the bios was messed up from the factory (tiger direct yay), and that that revision was bad. He also had problems with his agp bus, in a game his graphics were "jumpy", after he got the mobo replaced all these problems went away.

3- Most obvious are you sure the key is valid?

I'm still counting on it being somthing scewy with your mother board though.. If possable return it and get a new one, like Asus or somthing.