Logitech Beep Suppression Error After Cleaning Setpoint 6.15.25

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by mothman07, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mothman07

mothman07 New Member

I'm using XP pro 32 bit with Asus P6X58D-E and i7 930. Uninstalled Setpoint 6.15.25 per directions and now I have the following error in my Error log upon each start-up.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010Service Control ManagerThe Logitech Beep Suppression Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated.

2. mothman07

mothman07 New Member

For what it's worth, i figured out the problem. Setpoint, being a universal application for everything logitech, installs a bunch of drivers that you will never need. It installs an item that shows up in the registry as LBeepKE.Sys for some sort of 'Beep Suppression' . When I unistalled Setpoint, Driver Cleaner removed this Hkey from the registry. For reasons unknown to me after finishing the uninstall/cleaning and re-booting the error appears (in the error log) that the Service Control Manager can't find the driver for 'Logitech Beep Suppression' . At any rate to solve the issue I re-installed/uninstalled Setpoint 6.15 without Driver Cleaner, thinking it would put this LBeepKE.Sys back in the registry and it did. no more error but I still have no idea why Setpoint leaves behind this 'Beep Suppression'