Logitech z623 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Randomletters, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Just ordered a used set off amazon for 80 bucks shipped, Not a bad price considering new they're $130.

There's a huge rift between people who are happy with PC Speaker systems and those that think they're garbage in comparison to bookshelf speakers/amp.

I've read alot of reviews/Watched alot of youtube videos, and was wondering if anyone here owns a set, and what their opinion is on it.

I asked this elsewhere and got a speaker/amp reccomendation Ill link below, Should I have gone with it?

Bookshelf Speakers

Amp

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

actually waiting on a dayton 500 watt Subwoofer Backplate (i'd get a more powerful one.. but i can't find anyone that makes one.... dammit..)

The shelf speakers look decent.. but the sound i don't know..

The amp on the other hand.... maybe be actually worse than that found in the logitech 635's.. that's another hting i'm not sure about..

I've learnt in the last 10 years.... anyone can slap specs up on a website and make claims.. doesn't seem to be any accountability for ACCURATE numbers anymore at all.. let alone if anyone even knows enough to make a statement to if they are good or not. Personal preferrences and self justification sometimes plays a huge roll in how people perceive their purchases.

I'm still finding the Z-5500's the ultimate solution for any application for it's dollar value.

I wouldn't by a home stereo amp for less than $400 (without speakers)..... and a surround sound amp for under $700.

Wattage is clarity.... it's worth having a few hundred watts.

3. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

My pair of Trust Soundwave 20's stayed with a few of my computers - for small speakers, they packed a reasonable punch, and I've heard many that were worse, including one good looking (egg shaped) pair that were absolutely awful (I managed to offload those).
    Current set, a Tevion (supermarket brand) 5.1 with a ported sub and NXT (flat) satellites - after initially cranking up the bass, hated the sound, and then rebalanced the bass for natural sounding male voice speech radio.

The Z623 don't seem to get terribly good reviews
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pc-speakers/1281865/logitech-z623
    Weak on higher treble, and no controls to adjust it.

Seems odd that THX-certified kit could be so poorly balanced, but maybe with PC sound system EQ, you can balance it up to suit
    It's also a hell of a price for a 2.1 set

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  4. Nagual

Nagual New Member

These speakers and the amp were reccomended by Cnet´s editor Steve Guttemberg.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

cnet can suck my giant fat sweaty :x