I've been practising taking photos during the lockdown and recently decided to replace the budget-minded, broken flash last week, which I received earlier this week. Shortly after I set about looking for inspiration, other than just adding a different form of light to photos I'd usually take. I decided to try a different take on ice cubes splashing into water, though I was pretty much making it up as I went along - a sundae glass to give it a touch more interest and some dice, decidedly colourful, to give it my own spin and set it up on top of my hob. Thus began trial-and-error. Too much glare on the tiles so I grabbed a matte black background and popped a disposable glove over the flash as my diffuser. Too much shadow so I grabbed some foam core and changed angles, positions (etc) over and over until I got the lighting to (basically) get rid of the noticeable shadow. I ended up celotaping the board to the extractor fan. Finally got the photo I wanted, which, to my surprise, took less than an hour and edited it with Lightroom on my phone just to get an idea of how it could look before editing it on my PC (which, ultimately, I didn't bother doing). After some experimentation I ended up with this: I was really chuffed at how well that came out and actually felt giddy because of how well I find it looks but I had actually managed to take that photo.