Major MMORPG Company NCSOFT Sued!

Discussion in 'Submit News' started by Judas, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Source: http://www.pressbox.co.uk/detailed/Computing/NCSOFT_CORPORATION_sued_for_100M_in_a_Class_Action_filing_related_to_the_company_s_MMORPG_Lineage2_70570.html

San Mateo, California – NCSOFT North America was named in a lawsuit seeking class-action status in United States District Court for the Central District of California. The lawsuit seeks $100M in exemplary and punitive relief and contends that NCSOFT CORPORATION (a South Korean Company) breached its contractual obligations, engaged in false advertising, and committed credit card fraud in connection with its Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) Lineage 2.

The suit was brought forward by 28 year old Brian Durin, after his Lineage 2 account was terminated by NCSOFT without any justification, notification, refund, or means of recourse.

The 227 page lawsuit alleges:

2. Judas

damn straight, i wanna see NCSoft freaking suffer heavy losses and i wanna see some HUGE changes

3. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

Fortunately i do not like anything that has to do with MMORPG and Online-Only

4. Judas

well it appears that this may be a hoax.. or so a ncsoft rep has said this is..

who knows...

but i seriously hope ncsoft finally gets something in there skull and fix the issues.

5. Iria

Iria New Member

I play City of Heroes all the time. I'd post this on the FP but it's dated 6/7, so that's past the 3 day limit on stories. Feel free to discuss here.

6. Judas

yep.. np..

news keeps changing though... official ncsoft employee said it was a hoax... but who knows.. .we'll see maybe in a few weeks if things changed.

7. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

:eek:

Lineage 2 is my favourite MMO. I'm not playing it in official servers though...Private ones are more fun. But NCSoft is OK, imo. Bad news, but maybe it'll bring some positive changes in company's policies?