Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Android

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by Dyre Straits, May 25, 2016.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I just got the newest upgrade installed and will be working with it to see what's different, better, worse, and anything in between. For one thing, there's suppose to be better security.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

There's one thing I don't like about Marshmallow. All to often when I'm about to swipe down to see notifications I end up getting app suggestions instead.

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

What are the impressions? It's supposed to have better power management as well. I hope to see it on my device at some in June (Xiaomi Redmi Note 2).

4. Liqourice

My Z3 have always have good power management so I can't say that I'm seeing any real improvement. It hasn't gotten worse at least.

5. relishape

relishape New Member

Well, I'm getting curious about this Marshmallow. I 'm not sure if it is available in my device though I'm using an android already. I heard some good features including a host of new emoji and a double-tap camera quick launch features. That could be really great!

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

So far, the first impression I get is that things are a bit less "snappy" than what I was getting previously. One of the main things I notice is that it appears that text messages take a bit longer to process than before.

When I bring the screen up from black, there's a smooth transition from black to full screen. And, the icons have a more 3D appearance as opposed to the flat appearance previously.

My Galaxy S5 is a bit over two years old now and I've never really had any issue with the battery life. But, I am making more use of the phone now since I can actually make direct phone calls rather than texting all the time. And, with the phone calls, I can make those over WiFi when available or default to Cellphone Network if WiFi isn't available.

I'm not sure about that "double click" camera option. What was it suppose to do, or how was it suppose to work? I have my phone fingerprint coded -- with password as backup -- and have always been able to swipe up to bring my camera up without having to swipe my fingerprint.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

my experience with marshmellow on my s3 since the 6.0 arrived and i've migrated it to 6.0.1 now... and personally between the 2.. i see little to no difference... however marshmellow is vastly better on the battery than lolipop ever was...

8. Liqourice

I don't know if this is due to marshmallow or if something else have happened to my phone but since the update my screen always goes black when I make or recieve a call. This wouldn't be much of a problem in general but there are times that I need to access the screen and enter numbers, like when I'm calling my bank or when someone wants me to let them in through the gate. I have to tap the screen multiple times to get it back, mostly it just goes black again instantly and it's pure luck when I finally get it to where I want it. It's extremely annoying. This never happened before the update so I'm keen to believe that marshmallow is the cause.

9. Judas

no that is not normal of marshmellow

10. Liqourice

Can't figure out what the reason is. There's no setting for this behaviour. Only thing I can think of right now is the screen protection and that it makes the phone believe I'm having it to my ear. So, somehow the sensitivity have increased after the update if that's the case, the protection has been on since I got the phone.

11. Liqourice

Found the problem. Some time ago the screen came loose a bit in the upper right corner due to a small accident. That's what's causing the proximity sensor to be always on and so it goes black instantly when making or recieving a call. This happened before the update though and the problem didn't start until after so I guess there is a change in sensitivity or how it handles the sensor in Marshmallow.

12. Judas

you may be able to mod the sensory level if you can find a method to do it.