Matchbox 20

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by NMancuso, May 1, 2003.

1. NMancuso

NMancuso New Member

Man, went to see these guys tonight, and damn did they put on a good show!

If you're looking for something a little edgier and can't handle the metal concerts (wimp! er.... j/k) this is the band for you. Not to mention you will know half the songs, and no one likes to go to concerts where you can't sing along :)

2. TIGER

TIGER BANNED

My m8 likes these guys. Dunno much aboot their music, but i heard 1 of their songs, I think it was called "When U're Gone"...............Good song;)

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yeah, good band, always liked them, nice soulful rock. But I was a little disappointed with the new album. I think they have lost their way a little.

just my opinion, but talented band for sure.

4. nieves

nieves personality tweaker

You are too kind with them. First two albums are good. Santana lifted them up a little in the charts with his performance "featuring" their lead singer (forgot the name, lousy me). The rest is their talent and hard work.

Here comes the new album. I was very excited, got hold of it even before listening to any sample... I was certain it was going to be better... Nope! No freakin way! I was displeased with the result and to this very day I couldn't listen to it from start to finish.

Why? It's bland, boring and everything else along that way...

I sincerely hope they will recover. I still listen to their previous work, but I stay far from their latest... Shoot me if you wish, but I think it's too weak to bother with.

5. Sourcer_2002

Sourcer_2002 BANNED

rob thomas is the lead singers name i believe

6. shortstuff

shortstuff Sweetness

You are right sourcer that is his name. I like every song on their newest CD. I would love the chance to see them in concert. :)

7. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

I used to hate Matchbox 20, but with each new album I liked them more and more. In my opinion, their latest one is their best yet. I guess it's just different tastes in music.

- Me

8. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Saw them live in the UK when they supported Bon Jovi in Glasgow...i'd bought their albums before so was happy they were supporting. They were the best support act i have seen apart from Steve Poltz who supported Jewel a few years ago...Rob Thomas was a great frontman - especially when it started to rain...he came out with a class line which got the crowd happy again - just wish i could remember what he said!

lol

Stu