may day... may day .... pc crash......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Sep 23, 2003.

1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that i got that out of my system. It must of happend yesterday Just a normal day of gameing despite some lag... shut down my pc went to bed.... woke up went to fire up my pc ... after the starting windows xp... got nothong but a blank screen.... save boot with network suopprt also failed. I tryed regular safe boot and got in.... looked and looked couldndt figure out what was wrong....(very very starnge). System restore is truned off and disabled (it wont run)... I noticed a popmt for new driver when i booted (ati secondardy display) so i ununstalled my drivers. It wouln't let me reinstall.. i reboted again and it let me in windows. i loaded the ati drivers... i then later noticed my notran anti virus wasnt running as well as my firewall... wont run... reinstalled no help... uninstalled then reinstalled no help... it all acting really slow... not everything won't work right ...

looks like i'm in for clean format and reinstall... who or what ever did this most likely is still here or has left stuff behind .... this is very frustrating..... this is a total pain arse all the games i have and have installed ....... grrr .......

pondering loading windows 98 ....he heee

well i'm off for more fun....

2. craig588

craig588 Banned

Yeah I hate it when that happens. Its been a while seince you backed up too?

Intentional reformattingn it always fun because its like you have a whole new computer, but it hurts when your forced.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I just went through the reformat and reinstall of Windows 98SE on my 'other' system yesterday. I did that not long ago, but, for some reason I couldn't install anything that needed to install from a CD. The install screen would come up and then it would just halt....no error.....no app in the Close Program menu....nothing....it would just vanish.

I also pulled out an old PCI NCI card that I've been using in that system since I first got DSL (now using CABLE) about 5 years ago. For some reason that system would 'lose' that NIC card if I shutdown, turned off the computer and then restarted it. Sometimes it would 'lose' it while running.

AND, I pulled out the Maxtor (made by Promise) PCI ATA 100 controller card. I've had some bad luck with those things. I have about 4 of them lying around here. I decided to just hook up the HDs to the onboard HPT 366 controller on the ABIT BE-6 II board. That's only ATA 66 but I haven't noticed any real performance hit.

4. WildChild

WildChild I'm Still Watching

Bummer ...Dont ya hate when that happens....

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

he hehe taking some time to play with a ver. of 2003 server enterprise i ran across ...

6. HawK

HawK Banned

Could be one of your pci or even Agp isn't seated fully anymore, check on it.
    heat does expand things, cooling shrinks it again...

7. nieves

nieves personality tweaker

XP should be clean installed at least twice a year considering the amount of new drivers/apps we switch in a 6 months period. I have a PQDI image close by with only the "classic" apps/drivers I hardly update. It comes in handy when problems like yours occur.

But, as you said, it's fun to reinstall things. Especially on a rainy day :)

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

those Hightpoint controllers are REALLY great... (using 374)

9. Iridium

Iridium New Member

There is also a virus out there floating around that causes all sorts of errors and disallows your anti-V and firewall from running, check here to see what I am talking about, sounds remotely similar to what had just happend to me.

10. The_Neon_Cowboy

well I tryed 2003 server ... it blew ... slow install... slow boot... slow all togeather... ati drivers wouldn't load right loaded but it disabled direct x all togeater wtf....

ok well loaded back to xp and away i go........ it'll take a few days till i'm back to normal arggg ... land of the tweak and installs for me ... just have a few (hundred) cd's to load

doubt it was a virus .... i suspect a hacker NOOB.... (as for the key logger i found on there to.... )

been less than a mounth....!!!!

lol ... i'm a pc tech dont forget that..lol ... it's all software related but thankx for the sugestion
    ;)

11. tek

tek New Member

You've been motherflucking hax0red!!!!

:eek:

12. The_Neon_Cowboy

who knows...but thats my best guess.. ( the hacker NOOB could ofleft me a virus present) .... luck i didnt catch him must gave came in while i was playing mohaa...

leves me to wonder....
    breakthrough is running the same code as in the beta stages some 1337 players were talking about... hmmm .. makes me wonder

13. Judas

.....it's not your routers fault....that thing looks sweet!

14. The_Neon_Cowboy

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  15. Judas

lol...... i don't have a desk big enough..... i think..... plus they are LCD by the look of em... still don't impress me....

16. The_Neon_Cowboy

yea the cost isn't as high as plasma though.... stil loooks sweeete ... going on my wishlist...

17. Judas

...lol.... i think i'll save up and get myself another Samsung Syncmaster 900 IFT 19".... (droolz)... these monitor as soooooooo good looking.....