Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault - Singleplayer Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by TwistedMetal, Sep 3, 2004.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

It doesnt support pixel shader 1.1

2. vittle

vittle New Member

Damn, I guess I can only stick with the old MOH series till I get a new graphics card, I can't believe a computer gets outdated within a year nowadays, lol

Thx for ur help!

3. nauticus

nauticus Carpcarpcarpcarpcarp

Why don't the people cast shadows on the ground? They do in the screenshots!
    *nauticus goes to investigate*

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

You mean if you take a screenshot of the same scene that doesn't have shadows, the shadows will be there?

What kid of video card / drivers are you using? I uninstalled the demo, so I can't check myself..

5. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

These are my settings for MOH: PA

[​IMG]

6. nauticus

nauticus Carpcarpcarpcarpcarp

No, I mean every screenshot of the game i see, there are shadows on the ground, but when I play it, I see none!

WinXP SP2
    Radeon 9500 Pro
    Althlon XP 2800+

All highest settings @ 1024x768

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Hmm, I remember the SAME thing when COD came out- No shadows!! That really sucked too, all the screenshots had shadows, then the actual game didn't have shadows..

It looks like they did the same thing with this game! :bleh:

I can't stand the .2 second delay in all the controls anyway- I probably won't get this game. Everything else is great, but the sluggish controls totally ruin it for me.

8. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

graphics are pretty good...gameplay is just like the other MOH games....too...arcady for me. COD expansion will probably be better :)

9. Lchevy79

Lchevy79 -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

all i have to say is the demo is fun . im running 1024 with the high settings and it ran just fine . and i cant wait for call of duty either i am a fan of both games i did try running 1600 resolution the game ran but had lagging problems due to poor frame rates

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah the COD exp. pack might be good- but I doubt very highly it will have any advanced AI. Maybe COD "2" will have better AI included with COD's excellent gameplay and controls.

11. tEckniks

tEckniks New Member

the demo is awesome .. my comp is kinda dyin but its still playable.. unlike doom3 :rolleyes:

anyways i did find a little glitch in the game.

i was on the floor dying w/ a medic healin me and about 5 japs just stabbin at us :lol: .. and when the screen turns blank your usually dead, but this time it seemed like i was healed right before the screen turned black.

so i was alive but couldnt see anything at all..still had the HUD and could move and shoot, i could still hear the japs slashin .. pretty funny

this games fun :rofl:

12. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

its too...arcady and laggy. i had good points like the airfield, but they ruined it with the retarded rushing japanese ai

13. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I agree- I thought the whole "MOH w/ good AI" thing was going to be cool-

But then in the first movie the guy started talking about this "Banzai charge" and I knew something was up. It was just a cop-out, a way to throw the "AI" out the window.
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showpost.php?p=430112&postcount=6

Ever since the the first MOHAA PC game, I though the MOH series have gone downhill. I like the idea, but the controls and in-game lag ruin the experience for me. All the problems just got worse and you can see it in the demo.

When COD came out, those guys showed me who knew how to make a good FPS WWII game and who doesn't... The MOH team doesn't, and the COD team does!. I'll wait for the next COD game.. :) I wish the guys who make the MOH games would listen to people when they complain about the lag and control issues, they could be top notch games with a little tweaking. Oh well.

14. HardwareHeaven

lol seriously guys its an incomplete level to show the new engine nothing more. I agree the AI sucks like most FPS games but lets wait until the final game hits the shelves before condemning it as worthless - I remember playing the farcry demo and thinking it was awful, clipping, sound problems, floating scenery! but the end product was great!. The "lag" whether you like it or not is meant to be there as its intentional, they feel it is meant to add to the whole idea of a guy "moving". Not sure I agree with the idea but ive heard from someone inside that they feel a guy moving 360 degrees instantly is a bit far fetched. Im more in the mind that there is far too much anaylsis right now of games and hopefully one of them might "play" well, flaws and all.

I just want a nice playable game, after the arse doom 3 im hoping either this or the new addon for COD play well.

15. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Or halflife 2 I hope Zardon! I find the demo was good... But unrealistc true with the charging... lol

16. HardwareHeaven

Yeah how could I forget Half life 2, lets hope it makes it out in 2004. :rolleyes:

17. Sandok

Sandok New Member

If they don't want a mass riot outside Gabe's house, they had better :D

18. Dom

Dom New Member

Let's just hope it makes it period.

19. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

well i guess thats the difference between us then. i thought doom 3 was very very good.

and of course im going to judge this game based on its demo! im not gonna drop 40-50 bucks on a game just to see if it improved over its crappy demo haha. this may be the only look i ever get at it.

20. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I agree, I won't buy the game if they want me to judge it on this demo either. Maybe after the games comes out they should make an updated demo that more represents the final product? Maybe then people can make a more informed judgment about the game.... I still am wondering why AA didn't work for me.. :hmm:

Well if they put that lag in there on purpose I really think they need to start looking for other jobs, they won't make it in the game making business long, it makes the game completely annoying to play-

That's my only real complaint, but it totally wrecks the experience, that and the control scheme that is not customizable enough.

Example: after you press the "duck/kneel key, you cannot press it again to stand back up, and they are "toggle only" buttons... That's the kind of thing that ruins a game. Why they think they can re-write the book on how FPS games are controlled are beyond me. The quote: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind-

But whatever, we'll have to wait and see I guess, hopefully they don't wreck a good game with a few mistakes that are unchangeable even with console commands.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004