Media Player Classic Output Settings?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Shadow Lady, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

Ok, i was just watching this X-Vid movie, and just when seeing it, i dunno i just felt like Image Quality was poor, anyway the thing is Im using Media Player Classic and i have my settings set as the pic shows, so i was wondering if that was good for IQ or what else could i change for the IQ to be the best, ohh yeah the overlay on the ATi CP does never lemme change the settings when i choose the VMR9 renderless, and i really dunno if its best being able to use it (i had the feeling that not using Overlay was better) anyway, any ideas? thx :)

[​IMG]

2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

There is indeed a good number of options in this nice player. I like to have the video output just like you have it on that picture, and then tweak the settings of the XviD/DivX decoder filter/codec. While playing a movie you can right-click in the picture and find the Filters menu, where the active video codec should show up, to find its perticular settings. I prefer using the FFDShow filter wich has a myriad of optional tweaks. An example of the main postprocessing tab:
    [​IMG]

By the way, when the video output is in WMR9 mode the overlay settings in the ATI panel doesn't take because there is no actual video overlay going on. WMR9 wich is tied in closely to DirectX9 is a step beyond the old school video overlay techniques. It's also nice to have seen a performance improvement in the ATI drivers when running in perticular modes like WMR9-renderless, wich used to draw more CPU than WMR9-windowed.

3. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

yeah been always my favorite, i just dunno, felt like the quality i was seeing was actually poor, dunno why :p

anywya, what should i use the best for decoding avi files, the DivX or the Xvid decoder? i use the DivX decoder with all the deblocking and not deringing at all (deringing sems to actually make worst the IQ) and i enable all the settings in the quality settings tab, i would use the FFdshow but i find it... well... annoying, too many options to use just 3 or 4 -.- and the Xvid, dunno uses more CPU (i think) and the film effect isnt that great, and is too simple :p

4. MidnightWatcher

MidnightWatcher New Member

Has anybody managed to get ZoomPlayer or MPC working with VMR9 and FFDshow? If so, what drivers are you using??

5. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

For what I've seen you'll need the latest codecs from Microsoft to do WMR9 contents properly. There are some separate codec packages on the Microsoft download pages but I haven't tried using them without already having WMP installed. FFDShow is great but probably cannot legally support WMR9 as it is.