Meth labs in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Falstaff, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I cannot believe it, 132 arrests in my puny little town for crystal meth. I just read the official police blotter report. Since Jan. 2004 there have been over 2100 reports of crystal manufacture and usage and only 132 arrests, and this is just within the city limits. Tonight they moved into a rich neighborhood and busted some rich white kids for manufacture and distribution and most likely will bust the adults that allowed it to happen. I had to move out of my apartment because people were cooking meth right next door.

My kids, one daughter and son in school are familiar with Ritalin, Meth and Ecstasy in their schools and college. My god will it ever end? Do any of you out there in the real world have to confront this info or see it in the news locally? This is becoming an epidemic and fuels the burgleries here too.

2. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

lol... puny little out-of-the-way town is just about the perfect place outside mexico for something like that

The place where my school is has a little drug problem.... but I have never been confronted by it personally

3. Markius

Markius New Member

im not looking foward to the day my kids are old enough to be tempted by this shit :rolleyes:

4. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

Breakfast of Champions...:rofl:

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

The reason it is so hard to track these people down is because they can make meth labs in their trucks and cars..They use a method perfected by Nazi scientists I am told, and not all of them are successful. Seems Hitler wanted his troops on uppers before a battle...My God.

6. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Jeff youd ont know a drug problem untill uve been to lewis palmer high school, noted to be one of the worst schools with drugs... deals go in withing class after class, in the parking lot it dont matter they all rich kids

7. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I had a friend that just recently had a leg removed because he OD'd. It is sad that children have to learn of this stuff at such a young age, and I thought I was young when I learned. There are kids in my neighborhood that don't know anything about it more that what it is, that it makes that tough, and that they can "rap" about it. Thses kids are very sad and young (one of which is 5). I try to do my best to educate my daughters on this matter, and hope they can make it out without getting too banged up.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

what sticks in my craw is that the manufacture of the drug is dirty and smells absolutely terrible, they have to keep moving to keep the labs from being discovered, all for a quick buck and without regard to the users. Last night some kid pulled a switchblade knife on the police when they caught him punching his mother, under the influence of meth and ecstasy, he had to be taken down with not one but two tasers, and another stabbing and robbery right in the middle of town, the suspect was apprehended, on meth and alcohol. You can sure tell winter is coming to my town

9. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

meth is nasty stuff, but i'm nto sure how ecstacy has anythign to do with the stabbing/violence..it acts just like caffeine

10. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

no, it does not.

11. GutterPunk

if anything i would figure that he would be all grinding on his mom ors ometin because everything feels so great on X. the senses are amplified, and thats why raves are great, a bunch of people packed together dancing and touching eachother its an amazing feeling

meth i dont know about other than it leaves ur body in 36 hours

12. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

ack. that is unfortunate.

ignorant people doing ignorant things.

what do you mean by ritalin though? i thought that was for ADHD haha

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Ritalin will give you an upper high, mix it with ecstasy and booze, and party all night..then sleept three days. my god. My town is definitely threatened, found out looking at stats that some young drivers are high on meth too when they are involved in accidents, its like the new danger drug. My daughter told me its usually the rich kids that use the stuff, partying and driving all night.
    Marijuana and Cocaine is so cliche now, and crack is too dangerous...wow.

14. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I have a simple way to deal with the drug problem. If you use it...shot on sight...make it shot on site.

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Well, I found out that the demographics were unusual for this problem, most of the offenders are not from Colorado Springs, they hail from the mid west, states such as Indiana, Ohio, Michigan. These out of staters come here for seasonal work during the summer building boom, and they usually leave before the heavy snows. Two arrests last night were made on just such a group that manufactured in their trucks, and distributed in their apartments. And there were children involved. It is sickening, but a nieghbor here on our street returned home from vacation and found that their house had been broken into and used as a point of distribution for people cooking meth.
    My son says they use some kind of Nazi formula to make it. It is a way of cooking it off fast and leaves less waste and odor. This is getting out of hand, thank God my kids know the difference between right and wrong, but young kids are using Crystal and it is damaging their hearts, I often wonder how popular this stuff is where I come from. My relatives in Dayton told me that almost every day there are reports of manufacture and use among teenagers and deaths as well. This is the new scourge of the west.

16. GutterPunk

meth is bad everywhere..... its something that wont stop untill the chemicals used are banned

17. Borealis

Borealis New Member

Welcome to the club fallang, same way in northern minnesota. When my mom lived in St. Francis, MN it took me days and days just to get a small bag of weed(1/8 - 1/4). Yet I could get multiple 8balls in a matter of minutes with a walk down the street in pretty much any direction.

We'd have parties up there over 3-4 day periods where the flow of powders would NOT stop flowing, no matter how much we did there was still more there. It was so bad living up there my 11 year old sister started doing it, I didn't know it at the time just for reference. The real bad thing in these small towns is crank....bathtub made garbage compared to meth.

18. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

Real dope, (Methamphetamine) is very hard to come by these days, unless you go south of the
    border into Mexico and/or have a rare source.

The U.S. Government banned the chemical widely known as "P2P",
    which is what made the stuff in 1984-1991 so good...I mean
    desirable by people who seek out such terrible things. :hmm:

From roughly 1992-1999, the majority of "cooks" replaced the now
    hard to come by P2P with Pseudoephedrine, which can be found in
    allergy and cold products such as Sudafed. Pseudo and even plain
    ephedrine are very chemically similar to amphetamine, once broken
    down in the body. That was the reason for cooking it and then
    using it.

It's reported that this type of meth was "not like the old days"...
    ..."barely gets ya high...but keeps you up for days...lets you
    drink 48 beers and not even wobble, just feel the combined buzz...hahahaha" -source unknown- :hmm:

Hence, this is why meth is a popular drug with the Biker crowd.
    In fact, most "bikers" live on the stuff, both mentally and financially.

Now...recently with the FDA cracking down on
    ephedrine availability, cooks have started to use
    lithium battery strips:eek: :rolleyes: as a way to make what
    is commonly known as "ice".

A more potent "speed",(as far as energy goes) but users
    don't report the same high, and in fact in the wrong doses,
    lithium can kill you pretty damn quick.

The last two examples are both sometimes referred to
    as "Nazi" dope.

Very rarely do you find what one would consider real Meth.
    unless you are willing to travel, or have a very rare source.

Continuous use of "Meth" in any of the above forms,
    outside of the "good feelings" like euphoria or perfect
    contentment, can cause heart attacks, strokes, but
    mostly causes a paranoia, or a feeling of being watched
    by the legal authorities.

Which if you do the stuff daily, will eventually prove to be
    very true.

*I did alot of research about this for a school project.
    Very interesting stuff.*

Class dismissed.;)

19. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

If making it at home and distributing at school has become a likely trend then the end is in sight. heres a sample of our police blotter..

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incident Date[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 11, 2004[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1:00:00 PM[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Division[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Metro VNI[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shift II[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Title[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narcotics - Vice Activity[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rampart Range Road approx. i maile fron Forest Road 322[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summary[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On 09-11-04 members of the Metro VNI Clandestine Laboratory Response Team (CLRT) along with U.S. Forest Service personnel investigated a methamphetamine lab dump site on Rampart Range Road approximately 1 mile fron Forest Service Road 322. The team recovered items consistent with the production of Methamphetamine. The investigation is continuing for Possession of Chemicals and Supplies to Manufacture a Scheduled II Controlled Substance. As of this date Metro VNI has investigated 79 Methamphetamine Labs. At this same time, in 2003, Metro VNI investigated 2132 Methamphetamine Labs. There have been 125 children associated with Methamphetamine Labs in 2004. The Metro VNI/CLRT is comprised of Law Enforcement detectives from the Fountain Police Department, Colorado Spring Police Department, El Paso County Sheriff’s Office and Woodland Park Police Department.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults Arrested[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Investigation continuing[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Media Contact Name and Phone Number: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incident Date[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 10, 2004[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00:00 PM[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Division[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Metro VNI[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shift II[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Title[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narcotics - Vice Activity[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3846 Vaquero Cir. North[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summary[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On 09-10-04 at approximately 20:00 hrs members of the Metro VNI street impact team shift two received information that narcotics were being sold from 3846 Vaquero Cir. North. Detectives were able to obtain enough information to obtain a search warrant. Teu executed the knock and announce search warrant. Detectives recovered 12.41 grams of suspected meth, 121.72 grams of suspected marijuana and $1334.00 in cash. One adult male was arrested for Dist. Sch. II and Offences related to marijuana. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults Arrested[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One Adult male[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Media Contact Name and Phone Number: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incident Date[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 11, 2004[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12:55:00 AM[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Division[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Falcon[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shift III[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Title[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Death[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2720 Vickers Drive #211[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summary[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colorado Springs Fire Department personnel were dispatched to a structure fire at the Lynmar Apartment Complex, and specifically the above address. Investigation revealed a small fire ignited in the master bedroom of Apartment #211 which was occupied by an elderly female and the resident of that apartment. The female, identity withheld until notification of next-of-kin, was deceased. The cause of the fire and death are under investigation, The fire was extinguished by the apartment's fire suppression system. Investigation is continuing and being conducted by the CSFD Arson Investigation Team. CSFD personnel reported adjacent units may have been used for the manufacture of methanphetamine, and search warrants were obtained. Weapons and cash were recovered.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults Arrested[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]None[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Media Contact Name and Phone Number: [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incident Date[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]September 10, 2004[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2:00:00 PM[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Division[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Metro VNI[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shift II[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Title[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Narcotics - Vice Activity[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]733 East Rio Grande St.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Summary[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On 09-10-04 members of the Metro VNI Clandestine Laboratory Response Team (CLRT), along with TEU executed a search warrant at 733 East Rio Grande Street. The team recovered items consistent with the production of Methamphetamine. One subject was arrested for Unlawful Manufacture of a Scheduled II Controlled Substance, Possession of Chemicals and Supplies to Manufacture a Scheduled II Controlled Substance, Possession of a Precursor to Manufacture a Scheduled II Controlled Substance Child Abuse. The subject was a COMCOR client. As of this date Metro VNI has investigated 78 Methamphetamine Labs. At this same time, in 2003, Metro VNI investigated 132 Methamphetamine Labs. There have been 24 children associated with Methamphetamine Labs in 2004. The Metro VNI/CLRT is comprised of Law Enforcement detectives from the Fountain Police Department, Colorado Spring Police Department, El Paso County Sheriff’s Office and Woodland Park Police Department.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults Arrested[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XXXXXXXXXXX DOB: 1-27-69[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Media Contact Name and Phone Number: [/font]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  20. GutterPunk

man that is kinda hard to read so im going to skip it. bmg ur right tho, meth is more common then pot anymoe