Microprocessor guru Jim Keller unexpectedly leaves Intel

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Calliers, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Jim Keller, an Intel senior vice president who has helped design several high-profile CPUs for various companies, has left Intel for undisclosed personal reasons, Intel said Thursday.

Keller's departure was revealed in a blog post from Intel that described changes in Intel's Technology, Systems Architecture and Client Group, in which Keller previously worked. The post said that Keller would advise the group for the next six months, though he will not be a formal employee of Intel.

"Intel appreciates Mr. Keller’s work over the past two years helping them continue advancing Intel’s product leadership and they wish him and his family all the best for the future," Intel said, announcing Keller's departure.

2. Calliers

There must be an awful amount of internal strife over at Intel right about now, and this is just one byproduct.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I don't know him, but he worked for Intel for 2 years so I am sure Intel will be ok.

4. Calliers

I've heard of him, he is like legendary, but still it is a huge loss for Intel.