Microsoft: No browserless Windows 7 after all

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Mac Daddy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Sanity prevails, yey!

I'm sure it'll hurt Microsofts feelings to have to give the choice to install Firefox when I install Windows 7 properly in October, but as that would have been my first installation anyway it doesn't make a large difference in the end.
    You would have thought that, but there are millions of people who still use the IE that came with their Windows, without updates other than that MS gave them.

Not everyone is aware of what a browser is, let alone that they can choose which one they want, this gives Microsoft a large, captive audience which, so says the EU, is unfair. We can argue all day whether the EU tactics are heavyhanded or not, but if this situation leads to more people given the freedom of choice, and an informed one at that, it can only be a positive thing.

2. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I'd like to find the person in office that actually came up with that idea and SLAP them. Browserless Windows 7? WTF?!? How are you supposed to get on the internet to get your own browser then?
    Jeesus. Glad to see this absolutely retarded decision has hit the trash, i know everything needs to be considered but that's just retarded.

3. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

me thinks too much inbreeding hurt the number of brain cells

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Or drivers to set your system up on a fresh install.