Microsoft talks Xbox 3

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Sandok, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Source/Read More: Boomtown
    ________

Microsoft has spoken openly about the follow-up console to the Xbox 360. Home & Entertainment division exec Chris Lewis has admitted initial work on the console was happening right now.

"As soon as you develop something, it's old," Lewis told Kikizo. "Of course we're thinking about that... we're constantly thinking about the next thing, we have to. It's my point about complacency - you can't sit back on your laurels in this business - the consumer won't let you, the developers certainly won't let us. So that's happening right now."

2. sc3000

sc3000 New Member

I hope it blows PS4, if they ever make another ps.

3. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

PS3 has no good titles coming out this shopping season. They are screwed this year.

4. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

Oblivion, FEAR, Mobile Suit Gundam, Need for Speed Carbon, Call of Duty 3, Resistance Fall of Man, Fight Night rd 3, Genji, Madden 07, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Sonic the Hedgehog etc... Yeah cuz all those games blow right? Its actually shaping up to have the best launch line up in years, if not ever.

5. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Oblivion has no set release date I can find and is already on two other systems, F.E.A.R. is goin to be horrible on a console and is coming out Xbox360 also, Mobile Suit Gundam has always sucked, Need for speed Carbon will be released cross console and sucks, Call of Duty 3 will be released for the xbox360 and will probably suck, Resistance Fall of Man is really the only title that the system has goin for it but it doesn't look like anything new, Fight Night is cross console, Genji won't be that great, Madden is cross console, Tony Hawk's Projext 8 will be cross console and is way overdone, every new version of Sonic has not done justice to the old ones so I don't plan on this one being any better besides looks.

Pretty much 75% of what you listed are cross console games and overdone sequels (like the 4th to 8th installment). Really the only thing they have is Resistance Fall of Man which really doesn't look too good. Just another action FPS that doesn't innovate in any way what so ever.

When ever someone has both PS3 and 360 with the same game playing on the same screen, tell me which looks better because from what I've heard 360 games look better. Now thats pretty crazy for a console put out nearly a year ago.

6. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

Maybe wii2 with Super^2 Mario will blow them all and become the boss in console war.

7. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

It's old news that Oblivion is a confirmed launch title for PS3. And so what that its on two other systems? Does that make it a shitty title? proof:http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

Opinion, as you've never played it on a console.

lol cuz you played it right? its not even out yet.

So basically all of these games which you've never even played suck? Pretty weak argument.

As opposed to what FPS on the 360?

You said the PS3 launch line-up is terrible, I've pointed out that it clearly isn't. Why don't you show me a better console launch line up? That would hold more weight than simply saying every game launching is going to suck just because you say so.

Ok good, you heard that, thats pretty concrete especially considering the console hasn't even been released yet . Why not provide some proof?

8. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

name me all of the console specific games coming out for the PS3. Now name me out of those which you would actually want to play out of that list.

Would you expect at least one killer title? It doesn't even have to be a killer title really just something that will make people go "This is why I am buying a PS3 this year". There are almost no reasons to spend 600$ this year on that console. No MGS, no FF, no Socom, no Devil May Cry. If you want to waste your time and money this year, be my guest no one is stopping you.

Edit: Wii is goin to blow PS3 to hell this year and microsoft is just goin to watch in enjoyment when the few PS3's sell out and most people will turn to the 360 when they don't want to break into the Wii. Either way PS3 loses this year, which means Sony loses this year.

I did not say it is concrete, watch the most recent webisode thingy on IGN. One of the editors stated that games on the xbox 360 actually look better than on the PS3. I just would like someone to confirm or deny this if anf when they have both systems.

You really blow things way out of proportion dude.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  9. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

I agree that there isn't homerun titles that would compell me to riot in zellers to pay $600 for one, thats why I'm waiting for spring. But saying the launch line-up is "terrible" is going a little too far because in all honesty it is pobably one of the better launch line-ups ever, which isn't really saying much because launch line-ups are notoriously weak.

I think Sony fucked up too, and the Wii is the only piece of hardware I've ever considered buying at launch.

10. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I'm buying a PS2 ;)

11. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

calm down guys.

The PS3 is overpriced and late to market, and rides on a media format that isn't cemented yet.

The XBox 360 has a year's head start, and also is thus a year behidn tech wise....

Only time will tell