Midi-ASIO-left channel-right channel ..AGGHRR!!

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Blento, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Blento

Blento New Member

HI all...
    i have problem..and i've tryed everything to do but i cant find a solution...so here's a problem
    I'm using N-track studio for recordings that can use ASIO drivers from KX...
    so when i create a drum track i have some sounds that only plays on one channel..left or right..
    but when i record that midi drum track into a wave file i cant get same thing...everything is same
    on both speakers...

i've tryed every possible combination that i can think of and nothing works..
    I've even selected that only one ASIO in is working and i connect directly from a
    FXbus1 to a ASIO 0 ..and from a FXbus1 to a analog front left side in epilog.
    So when i press play i hear only what should be on left side, and i think that same
    thing that i hear should be recorded on a ASIO channel..so signal that goes in the right speaker
    should't be recorded...but it is! ...
    when i play only that recoring of a drum that is now a wave file..i hear both left and right channel

...so it makes me confused...how can it record a right channel? ..
    i tryed to record after that a right channel same way..and then play it sinchronized, but paned
    each one to a maximum on their side..and i get better sound..but it's FAR FAR way from quality
    of an ORGINAL midi DRUM.....

can someone help me...or send mi DSP set up how should i record it to get same thing...
    i need it couse i cant mix wave track in song with a midi file....

thanks

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

FXBUS1 is the right channel for 5,1 sound

FXBUS 2/3 is left/right for SF playback

3. Blento

Blento New Member

Right...i've made mistake... i meant FXBUS 3 ...
    i know that FXbus 0/1 is for wave ..and 2/3 is for soundfont MIDI ...
    i was using 2 and 3 ...but i still can hear on recorded wawe file both channels ..even thou i connect only one FXBUS 2 or 3 ....
    that same thing happens when i record from FXBUS 0 and 1 .. i hear both channels on recorded wave even if i plugged only one of them...

4. B3VSTI

B3VSTI New Member

I've been having a similar problem using ASIO and a vsti with a sound font at the same time. If I try to use the vsti and SF together all I get is one channel for the SF only. I've been downloading and printing as much documentation as I can find, but I think I'm reallly just overlooking something simple.

JS

5. Blento

Blento New Member

soo...you too couldnt get two chanels for soundfont midi?...

funny....what ever i did..i couldnt find solution ...