Mighty Car Mods

Discussion in 'Petrol Heads Forum' started by Mousey, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Found a link to this channel on Reddit, i'm far from a car enthusiast, i just like my equipment and comfort but i'm actually really enjoying watching this channel and even learning a few things :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Remember back in the day when modified cars were the in thing (during the day of NFSUG and NFSUG2) and people didn't used to diss ricers as much as they do now, now every car that comes out looks like it's modified already.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I remember when modified cars were modified... And worth driving.

[​IMG]

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

When everyone's car is modified..... none of them are...

Almost all the cars i see on the street, in the city.... even at car shows..... if they are modified.... almost all of them have usually pretty imo.. pathetic.... modifications made..... Someone claimed that the mustang i am still repairing is "modified"..... i question their definition.... to what extent is required to consider it modified?..... Are we using "racing" terms.... what's stock vs modified.. or even super stock..

Does adding an extra leaf to a car suddenly classify it as modified and to whom? "OMG the car's rear end is lifted 3/4" higher than stock..... sweet modified car!".... give me a freaking break.

Even when nothing mechnical really is changed.... just a paint job.. or decals.... has had some idiots claim "modified!"...... i too am sick of it.... It's bad enough we have so many cases in which slapping a useless even counter productive shit peice of whatever on the car is considered "modified". Putting on a annoying little crotch rocket muffle to make it sound like general crap and people are like "oooo modified!"..... specially when it's actually causing a restriction and reducing the performance of the car, perhaps even significantly in some cases.

You have to do a fairly reasonable amount of changes to a vehicle to IMO, classify it as modified, and it better produce better performance in one or usually more areas vastly superior to the stock. Cosmetic appearances for the most part..... doesn't deserve to be considered modified unless they are hugely drastic, enough to change it's aerodynamics for the better.... as an example.