Missing central/subwoofer channel

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by killermaster, Oct 11, 2011.

1. killermaster

killermaster New Member

Hi!
    I just bought Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! CT 4670(yep, it's a value version).All works great, but I couldn't get oryginal drivers to work, so I installed kX Project instead. Everything is fine, but there is missing central channel... In kX Project Menager there is NO central channel volume slider... I set the speakers to 5.1 system, and it doesn't work.
    Do you have any clues?
    Aye, and my speaker system is Creative A520, all analog (minijack) input.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Set KX speaker setup to 5.1, make sure the "use sub" box is checked and set surround to "on"...... Should work. Personally I never used the mini jack, but it should be the same

What OS are you running? XP, Win7, ??? You may have to set Windows audio panel speakers separately.

3. killermaster

killermaster New Member

My OS is Windows MX8, which is XP-based mod.
    That's how everything is set. kX Speaker output- 5.1. Surround- copy; Use Subwoofer output-yes.
    Windows speaker setting is grayed out-I cannot enter it. My sound card is shown as kX Wave CT4670 10k1 [ac00] 4/5

4. killermaster

killermaster New Member

:( the funniest thing is that on TEST page, sub and central IS shown, but they're silent, and on mixer page central channel volume slider is NOT visible...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

AFAIK, CT4670 is not a 5.1 model.

6. killermaster

killermaster New Member

WTF? It has 4 outputs on the back and I bought it as a 5.1 card... So it means I was sucked...
    Shit... I just looked through the whole auction and field "output" says...gulp... 3D SOUND. Crap.
    Now I have another question. How should I plug the speakers in? I have 3 connectors-front, back, center/sub. How should I plug theese into the card and how should I set up kX Project to get the best sound available?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

It is most likely 2 outputs (front and rear) and 2 inputs (Line In and Mic In).

That is up to you... With the DSP you can route the signals wherever you want, so you can do front and rear, or front and center/sub (using output for analog rear), etc, with a custom DSP config.

8. peate

peate Active Member

If you don't need surround, you could also get a doubler adapter for two sets and use the other output for the centre/sub combo.

9. killermaster

killermaster New Member

Nope, this makes left-front speaker to sound, when central is supposed to.
    It doesn't matter anymore-I have swapped CT4670 for SB Live! 5.1 0100. I had to pay twice the price (I bought used model) but it is worth it.Now everything's fine. Thanks guys for an advice.
    Let's set bass redirecting up and try to break some glass! :evil:

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Well you need to use a custom DSP config and route the signals accordingly if you are gonna use the rear jack for center/lfe, etc. In any case, you got the 5.1 card so you should be good. Just make sure that the default device in the Windows Control Panel is set to kX Wave 0/1.

The 4/5 at the end (above) indcates kX Wave 4/5.

11. killermaster

killermaster New Member

Ah, I have jet another question. Why does the kX project install so many sound cards? I had like ten of then, all having different names (or numbers should I say). Why? Is it like debug mode or something? Is it like if one number screws up then others should have a go?

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Do you mean in Device Manager? The card should only be listed once in Device Manager (along with the GamePort).

Or do you mean the 4 wave devices? The additional wave devices make it possible to play multiple audio streams at the same time, each one going to a separate output or mixed or whatever you want to do with them, etc (for multi-room setups, or DJ type apps, etc.).

13. killermaster

killermaster New Member

Ah yeah, this makes sense. Thanks