MMORPGs anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SupraS, Apr 11, 2005.

1. SupraS

SupraS New Member

Does anyone play these RPGs? Like... FFXI, Ragnarok Online, ROSE, or Maple?... just wondering... =)

2. shadowfield

shadowfield New Member

I play FFXI, currently a lvl 60 PLD(paladin). I also use to play DAOC, i was a lvl 50 Champion on Bedevere, who was also a grand master armorsmith. Then i also had a lvl 44 bard.... and a 25 valewalker who was a 600 ish tailor

Maple?

P.S. I have way to much time on my hands.

3. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

i play world of warcraft and city of heroes. i used to play lineage 2 but i got bored of all the bots and chinese farmers.

4. SupraS

SupraS New Member

no... http://www.globalmaple.com :D

5. zenkmander

zenkmander New Member

You've got to try this one free MMORPG that I play. It's called Face of Mankind.
    This futuristic game is currently in open beta, and I've gotta say, it's one of the best online RPGs I've ever played. Interaction between players is constant; you're always doing something with someone. The graphics are amazing, especially considering that this is a free game so far. The devs are about to implement a brand new interface, even though the one they have now is superb anyway. I highly recommend you head on over to http://www.fomportal.com and check it out for yourself. ;)

6. SupraS

SupraS New Member

hey... looks cool.. thanks =)

7. topbob

topbob New Member

guildwars

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

how long ago?

i just started lineage 2.... so far.. i've yet to run into any botters or "chinese farmers"

currently have in under a week and a half, a lvl 20 dark elven wizard and a lvl 23 dark elven Palus Knight.

9. bananaman

bananaman banana muncher

I have never really played one before and had a little play on City of Heroes but though i would wait to "invest my time" and get WoW - however i am still waiting for them to release more copies so i will start my first real MMORPG on the 15th :D

I am thinking Human Priest, but not sure yet

nana

10. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

i had a lvl 33 dark elven palus knight, and a lvl 24 dwarf artisan. i played beta and started retail the day it came out. maybe ncsoft actually did sometihng about all the chinese farmers and botters, but it still didnt change how bad that game is compared to other mmorpgs. the was absolutey no difference in character custommization, and the grindin in that game is horrible. the lack of quests kinda pissed me off to. i like to quest not grind, which is why i love WoW. but the thing that pissed me off was that peopel could easily buy 1,000,000 adena and be tricked out in freakin dual elven sword + bastard swords and me, making money off of buying and selling weapons and armor, had a lil tomahawk that took me actual effort to get.i know this because my friend did it and so did a bunch of my guild mates. it really pissed me off

11. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

I play World of WarCraft. Played Asheron's Call for 4 or 5 years before.

12. fireball

fireball New Member

World of Warcraft for me. :)

13. Bruuce

Bruuce DriverHeaven Winner

I've played a ton and I stuck with EQ for a good while. Right now though Im in EQ2 on Najena server. I have a lvl 8 fighter and I just started a bard. On a side note, I can't wait for Vangaurd to come out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. DarkerFate

DarkerFate New Member

World of Warcraft, used to play City of Heroes and Eve-Online.... but I have no time for anything other than WoW now. You wouldn't believe how many single player games are sitting on my harddrive waiting to be finished...

15. Castaa

Castaa New Member

I know nothing about this game so don't take this as a put down but what is 'different' about this MMO? Why does it appeal to you?

16. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

IF anyone has caught site of a Linage 3 screeny (not C3).... they are already building up using the Unreal 3 Engine. As rumored so far, they started up on it quite some time ago as soon as they got some of the specs of the unreal 3 engine. Since the release of the first few alpha and now beta SDK tools... they are rolling along.

What's interesting is the fact that lineage 2 is solely based on the Orginal Unreal Engine. Only they really packed it full of everything they could apparently think of. 5gb....... wow...

BTW.. lineage 2?... lack of quests.. man i can't seem to get rid of them, for every say 3 quest i complete... i gain another 10.

17. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

What type of char in CoH do you have and what level? Currently I'm playing none, but I will be rejoining CoH the day the PvP patch releases [my best char is a lvl 50 DM/DA, yeah I lvl'd to 50 a day before DA could stack lol]

18. zenkmander

zenkmander New Member

Basically, in my opinion, Face of Mankind is better or equal to many of the MMOs out right now, and it's free. The story is influenced by the actions of players, and teamwork is almost a requirement. People roleplay, organize hunting groups, go out and sell themselves as mercenaries, take over other colonies and the resources that come with them, and so much more. You really have to try it out for yourself to see what I mean. :)

19. topbob

topbob New Member

lineage 3...?
    they need to stop trying

20. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I didn't used to for a long time now, but of late I'm currently addicted to darkthrone, over at www.darkthrone.com, I've kept away from MMORPGs for the last few months coz I know what a big effect they can have on me, but I don't think this one with it's lack of actual pictures and FMVs, let alone action will (when you have no turns) take me to far. Just a saftey mesure for me, sometimes these things can prove unhealthy for you if you're like me. :lol: