Modder Help

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by cupb99, Feb 22, 2011.

1. cupb99

cupb99 New Member

I am trying to get an HP Pavilion zd8000 with Radeon Mobility x600 and windows xp running. I have tried everything I can think of and I have searched everywhere for fixes but I just can't get the display to work with the graphix card enabled or the drivers installed. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried the mobility modder and unless I am messing it up it hasn't worked yet.

2. NeoNero

NeoNero New Member

I would suggest to first uninstall all ATI software and drivers, then download and unpack this driver: ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

This is the ATI Catalyst version 10.2, the last known version to be working with your graphics chip. Use the mod tool to modify this driver and install it as explained in the installation notes. If this doesn't help it could mean you are experiencing a hardware problem.

3. cupb99

cupb99 New Member

Thanks Neo...

When I ran the file that you linked me to it shut itself saying "setup did not find a driver compatable with your current hardware or operating system" is this ok? I wasn't sure if should I run the modder from this point after it shuts itself off from the install but I figured I would try it. After running the modder from this point it did let a driver install go through but it didn't solve the problem. After restart its just a black screen. I did get 1 error message off one of my restart attempts about an infinite loop of ati2dvag.

4. NeoNero

NeoNero New Member

If you downloaded the driver from the link I have posted, you should follow the instructions which you can find on this page.