Monarch Computer - Canceled Order Woes - (I wouldn't buy from them)

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Aug 21, 2006.

1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

(I had herd of others haveing good experiances I didn't think to check thier rateings)

Transaction Date: 07/29/06

It was a computer processor I pre-orded, I requested the order be canceled two
    weeks ago (8/6/06). After they silently changed the ETA by 15 days. Also it clearly
    stated in big red bold letters on thir white background they would email us regarding
    any date changes :rolleyes: .

Never emailing me about this until after I complained. Of course after it had
    been changed for days. I then get the delayed Status email mintutes after thier rep
    reponded.

(I of course then orderd else where (iclubit) that actually got stock and got it a few days later. :lol: )

They canceled the order on the 6th but never gave me a refund. I emailed them
    regarding this(same way I canceled, they usually give and email back withing 24 hrs)
    Well my emails asking about a status on my refund have gone unanswered. I checked
    their reseller ratings and searched cancel and was shocked to see a lot of people
    having severe problems getting a refund and having to contest the charges with thier credit companies.

Well I've contaced them by email yet again, as well as contacting my credit card
    company via secure email to see what they need me to do. As this is completely
    unacceptable. But then again I gave my CC CO. enough info they could start the
    ball rolling from thier end with out futher need for my interaction.

I would highly advise against ordering from them. Read thier reseller rateings
    when I checked they where down in the high 5's!!!

Thier now in the 6's for over all rateings due to thier priceing.
    But still marks for poor service

7.15 Pricing of Products and Services
    5.14 Likelihood of Future Purchases
    5.43 Shipping and Packaging
    4.62 Customer Service
    5.43 Return or Replacement

Well I'll be adding my complaint soon.. Just serach cancel and seprately
    serach refund to read the horror stories as I read them...just though I'd
    share my 1st and last shopping experiance with them.

2. FearTheTerp

FearTheTerp New Member

wow sucks, seems like you can't trust any etailer apart from newegg these days.

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

Well,

I fired off two emails to monarch and they once again didn't reply (remeber they replied within
    24 hours, regarding my order, cancel request etc.. ) But 3 emails, no responce and even one
    extra sent to thier support adress still no answer.

Looks like I have to despute the charge in writeing so i'll be typeing and faxing that in ASAP
    to my CC co.

4. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Sucks your having problems with them ill most likely be ordering my psu through them ill let everyone know how that goes.

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

for the love of god though,
    1)don't cancel your order,
    2)Pray you don't get a defective product ....

6. The_Neon_Cowboy

noticed this when looking around thier site reading thier policies

[​IMG]

They still say they have top notch rateings, then in the fine print it's data from 2005 :D
    hows that for false advertiseing, (not exactly false but deceatfull)

Back to reality

hers a side by side of thier current rateing, with is actualy like i said up this month from
    the 5.XX they had last month VS say newegg

[​IMG]

So acroding to te gradeing scale they are below ADVERAGE!!! Top 10 my arse

7. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Yea maybe ill look for a comparable psu from newegg

8. Bar81

Bar81 New Member

Wow, they've really gone down the toilet. I remember last year they were a good outfit. Looks like losses and/or the greed bug have hit. Sounds like they may not be in business this time next year.

9. The_Neon_Cowboy

10. mr_untouchable7

mr_untouchable7 New Member

i went there personally

I went to the place where no one can get a call through in atlanta. the door was locked, a sign on front said "out of business" and a guy i saw come out, told me they were bought out and they were packing things up and would be out in two weeks but they were still taking orders !!!!!!1

11. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Monarch?

As far as I know they're still around bud...you sure? heir website is still up and functioning too

12. mr_untouchable7

what part of " I WAS THERE RECENTLY" didnt you get..??

13. pr0digal jenius

calm down man...seems [H]ard|OCP has come to the same conclusion as you, actually.

Sorry for doubting you....I was only going by the fact that their website is still up, and seems to still be fully functional.

So, my apologies for doubting you.

14. mr_untouchable7

no prob. guy..whats funny is that on several other forums..people are always asking..."does anyone live near there that can go by" and me not thinking about any of the information that i previously mentioned (them closing or taking a camera and expecting to see a sign that said they were closed..) went there after taking off work to go, to try and handle my business in person which i would think would be much faster.than sending a product back through mail which took me over a month to finally get and playing "can you get the right product" through the mail service..anyone that has a logical mind could put those fact together and come up with "this guy cant be making this up, if so why ??..." after posting this several places i get more people doubting it..which doesnt make since i mean come on...just read all the posts...people cant get their products, cant get a refund, cant get a call through, gets the runaround,,,over and over and over and over..then some guy finally says..." i went by and things are awry" and people go..."really, did you get a picture of the sign ? okay you didnt..well i dont believe you then..." hahahahahaha...it is hilarious..

15. pr0digal jenius

lol, i would like to see a picture, just for laughs, personally :rofl:

16. mr_untouchable7

hey actually someone went the next day after my post on ocforum and took the picture of the sign. it doesnt say going out of business like i remembered it did, it did say the retail part of their store was closed to focus on internet sales. it was a very trying day i didnt know if they would swap my mobo for the one they said i was suppose to get or not. i took a big chance going down there. i am building my system tonight and tomorrow. i hope the mobo they gave me works and not just some RMA they found laying around.. they wouldnt let me go in the store with them.

17. pr0digal jenius

rofl...i turned down a job working there about a year ago...haha...glad i did :rofl: