Monitoring ASIO recording

Discussion in 'ASIO' started by afx, Dec 18, 2012.

1. afx

afx New Member

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm a n00b to ASIO and DSP, but I've been using kX for a long time with my Audigy2 ZS (Win7 32bit).

I have kx 3551 with the kX ASIO driver and the asio4all driver.

I've followed this guide (beginner's guide thread#141827) to record something with Audacity (compiled with ASIO support). I haven't tested it with a turntable yet, only an MP3 player, so I'm not sure if it works with 96kHz...

What I was wondering is how can I hear what is playing during recording?

Is there a better way to setup with the Audigy2 ZS for vinyl ripping? I'd love to hear!

2. pantajali

pantajali New Member

Îòâåò: Monitoring ASIO recording

Maybe you must activate your win mixer playback section, Line In (zero latency, without effects).

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

What DSP config are you using?

Do you want to monitor the signal pre-recording or through the ASIO host program/recording application?

In any case, it all depends on your DSP config, and I am guessing that you are not using the default DSP config, as monitoring of ASIO recording (pre) is enabled by default.

For monitoring pre-recording, you just need to route your input in the DSP (from prolog) to both the ASIO channel (on epilog) you want to use for recording and to whatever speakers (on epilog) you want to use for monitoring.

For monitoring via your ASIO host program, well you set that up in that program (configuration will differ with different programs), and route the signal in the DSP (from FxBus) to your speakers, same as you would for any software playback source (ASIO 0/1 uses FxBus 0/1, ASIO 0/2 uses FxBus 0/2, etc).