more RRoD xbox 360 woes. check it out

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Geminiwave, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

so I'm hoping THIS actually does something but I'm not holding my breath.

I started a new blog about xbox 360 repairs and what I've had to go through for the last 4 months.

check it out here: Microsoft is a lie

and discuss the 360 repairs.

How many of you have been sent DOA 360s? How many of you were promised things that you simply never got???

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

"He informs me that it is against the law to send a new console to me. They can only send a refurbished one by federal law."

I lol'ed!

Anyway it's disgusting, Microsoft should be ashamed for treating loyal customers like that. Not only is this hole RROD situation a big joke, why the hell they cant fix this problem properly is beyond my wildest guesses! But at the same time, they keep treating their customers like that, makes you speechless every time.

I own a Wii and love it, I really want a 360 though, but have decided not to and will get a PS3. I'm not supporting the Xbox division of MS, as long as the RROD problem is there and they keep running such a piss poor support.

I hope you get a working console this time and if not, i would consider contacting the consumer ombudsman. This can't be legal what MS are doing, I know in Denmark you cant keep sending repaired solutions, if it keeps breaking down, you have the rights to a totally new product or the money back. Hopefully a similar law excists in your country.

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Very interesting blog Gemini, i'm sorry you had to go through such a terrible experience, especially at such a wonderful time of year for gaming :/
    At this point i would probably give you a hug but since this is the net...
    [Insert hug here]

And yeah i'd say take the company to court, you had a disgusting experience and were continually lied to about having a working console returned to you, they even sent the same fucking console back with the same serial numbers!
    You were promised quick charge stations and you didn't even get those. The console box was tampered with as you stated earlier and you aren't able to get a service that you have already invested money in because of microsoft's lack of heart.

Go for it, beat the bastards Gemini!

4. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

Ive been through 4 360's myself. I dont play it but my son does. Hes over here on the weekends and MIGHT play a total of 10 hours while he is here. Now, on all 360's its been the freeze up, or the red ring of death. Now with that being said, they finally sent use a NEW 360 and not a refurbished POS ( the other 3 you could tell were not new consoles). I hope the so called new cooling they added helps. So far, no problems. It did freeze up once, but that was when i had added that XFAN BS, which i sent back after a day of using. Not worth the money at all. I am starting to think that the newer 360's might not need the additional cooling.

5. Markius

Markius New Member

ive said it before, ill say it again, sent my 360 back twice for repair
    both times console was returned to me within 2 weeks, as microsoft said.

maybe its microsoft division in your country? i know they do a decent job in AU and its BS to generalise microsoft as a whole.

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Though I have no personal experience so far (and I hope it stays that way), from other people from Greece that I have heard about, MS is quite good at repairing/replacing them in a couple of weeks or so.
    So, what Markius said.

7. Geminiwave

yea I don't get it. Most of my friends here state side have said it is at least 1 month. The last one got back in a little over a week so it averaged out to 1 month for each repair. but they were super slow (almost 2 months) all the way down to being a little over a week.

Now their solution is they'll hold my hand through the entire process. They'll call me when they get my box and call me when they send it out. but its like...that doesnt really do anything for me. I already get that service on the xbox website. It just frustrates me to no end.

8. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Well the problem is, when so many 360's breaks down, the number of cases where people get "trapped" and experiences bad support, like Geminiwave has, that number will be pretty high.

An expensive console like the 360 shouldn't break down that much, neither the Wii or the PS3 does, so MS needs to rethink their design. I'm not gonna buy a product where the chances of it going back to repair are pretty high, thats unacceptable and a mockery of the end user.

I'm hoping the 65nm GPU version will fix all these problems and if not, well then Microsoft is going to loose the next-gen console war to PS3, thats how simple it is.

9. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

jesus christ

i'd tell them reimburse you and you'd go buy a new 360 yourself.

10. Markius

Markius New Member

i feel for you man, just the fact my 360 died alone is fustrating without going through all the BS you are.
    360 is the only console that has died on me through "normal" use :bleh:
    and ive had every console since the NES/master system days...
    (had 2 playstation (1's) die on me through "extended" (?) use of the console...but thats another story :evil:;))

11. Geminiwave

well I mean. the disc drive on my original xbox just died. That thing has passed hands 3 times and was a launch xbox. And it works still! just the disc drive is toast. which yeah makes it pretty useless but still it lasted a long time. the 360 is toast NOW. thats total garbage.

I thought if i worked hard, made a lot of phonecalls, stayed on the line for hours etc that I'd finally win but theres JUST NO WINNING! Its really frustrating. I don't get what I'm supposed to do. I just hope things work out this time.

12. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Gemini i think this is your only chance of getting a working 360 before 2010 >_>
    I'd also play holy hell until they reimburse you the live time your'e owed as well