Morrowind

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, May 8, 2002.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

ive heard alot about this game, is it worth getting it? does it run well on a 8500, someone told me its a little sluggish.

2. peroni

peroni New Member

Well it runs pretty fine on my system in the sig.
    That's with all the settings maxed out too!
    Apparently to get the most of it you need to use the no_cd crack even if you own the retail version...
    Check this thread out

3. HardwareHeaven

yeah I read something like it increases the game FPS... is this true?

4. peroni

peroni New Member

Ehm, can't really say. I can't seem to find the original cd anymore... I'm sure I had it lying somewhere on my desk...must have beeen the cat...or the edonkey.... :eek:

5. Renegade[CSR]

Renegade[CSR] New Member

It would be interesting to benchmark it with the no-cd crack and without. See if the rumours are true ;)

6. rachaelsdad

rachaelsdad New Member

I have been using the no CD crack for 2 days and having it makes a big difference. The game is less sluggish and the load times are much less betweeen scenes.
    The game is gorgeous Zardon and if you try it be prepared to spend a lot of time on quests and getting lost. I have played a lot of RPG's and this one has been very confusing for me to find my way around.
    If you like RPGs get it. It is an open quest game and has depth; not the depth that my favorite game; Planescape Torment has, but it has a depth in characters and style.

7. rachaelsdad

rachaelsdad New Member

Forgot to mention the crack works, to bypass; the Code slowing copy protection that the producers so kindly place on the CD. I don't mind them defending their copyright but I do mind the way copy protection slows the game down maybe 23-30%.
    I still have a problem with slowing from memory leaks but it takes 3 hours of playing instead of 1 hour without the crack.

8. HardwareHeaven

the game looks really pretty and I think ill check it out ... dungeon siege took alot of my time recently so im looking for something nice to play right now, with a little depth :)

9. Rigger

Rigger New Member

The nocd gave the game quite a performance boost on my system:

P3 1Ghz
    Abit ST6 Raid
    4X80 Gb Maxtor
    512 Mb SDRAM
    Geforce 3 (Plain Vanilla)
    SB Audigy Platinum

I have all the settings maxed, no AA. Without the crack the game was smooth, but a little sluggish. The crack made things snappier.

10. Mcrobrewer

Mcrobrewer New Member

The no cd crack had no effect on my game.... The only time it is 'slow' is when I walk into a new area... and then it is only for like a second... (gives me time to think ;) )

I get about 20-25 FPS outside and 75FPS inside with my 1gig p3 384 MB ram and my radeon 8500 64 DDR (retail)

11. Darksider

Darksider I Play NWN and UT2003

I love it so far! The world is wide open for you to explore as you please. The music is great, and the sound is too. I think they really paid attention to detail on this one.

Again, as others were saying, use the NOCD crack. I saw a big difference in overall performance.

12. HardwareHeaven

do you know Darksider if this crack really does make a major impact on performance? maybe they might apply a bug patch for the game. an update at a later date. that is must unusual.

13. Motoki

Motoki New Member

It didn't make a difference for me but I didn't have problems to begin with. I guess it all depends. I mean if you are not having problems you may not want to bother with it, but if you are definitely give it a try.

Anyhow it's a great game highly reccomended, I have Dungeon Siege too, but Morrowind makes it look like a preschooler's game, it's so much more involved. One warning though, this game is time consuming and will suck your life away so if we do not see you updating the site for a while we'll know why!

14. EvilFoo

EvilFoo New Member

The NoCD crack did NOTHING to increase my playability! Not only that, but it is quite unstable on my system; it freezes at random points (after 1-2 hours into it). I get a solid ~10 FPS outside with Pixel Shaders ON, 1024x768, minimum View Distance, and maximum AI Distance. Believe it or not, but turning off Pixel Shaders does NOTHING! Performance still sucks with or without it; I might as well keep the pretty water and bad framerate rather than bad water and bad framerate...

15. Dathanja D

Dathanja D New Member

...morrowind no_cd crack... how to?

Hey All,

Could someone please post the actual method and file (location) to use for this? I did find the file from Yan that I then downloaded but wasn't able to use... maybe I did something wrong.
    Seems most people who try it are happy with the results... I do know that my fps went up dramatically using the new 9031 Omega drivers for 9x... I play Morrowind at 1600/1200 with
    little slowdown. (P3 800!!!)