Most applications not working (Audigy 2ZS)

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by ColinMacLaren, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ColinMacLaren

ColinMacLaren New Member

Hey,

So far I have been using Daniel K 3.6 Support Pack on my Audigy 2 ZS. Yesterday I gave the Pax drivers a try. (OS is Win7 x64)

At first I ran the setup.exe located in the root directory of the Audigy Winter Edition 2009 Software Suite. I got a warning about using an unsigned driver, but it didn't seem to work, the Audigy was still listed as an "Audiocontroller" in the device manager.

Then I proceeded with installing the Audigy 4 Software. After rebooting I gave the Pax Audigy Driver 1.30 a try, which installed correctly.

However, most applications came up with a "no supported audio device found" error. Audio Console, AudioHQ and Speaker Settings were fine, but the remaining apps didn't start. Also, I was missing CMSS2 which is enabled in the Daniel K drivers.

Did I do something wrong? Or is this to be expected? I appreciate your work, however a comprehensive installation guide is really lacking.

Also I'd like to know whether there is an option to enable CMSS3D and Crystalizer on the Audigy 2 ZS? I wouldn't mind a pure software implementation. Daniel K had a solution back in 2008, but it doesn't seem to work on Win7.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi Please don't talked aobut the other driver moder here thanks. Did you delete old software from the hard drive and start menu if you haven't done that you need to do it. I be releasing my own CMSS 3d fix soon. To installed audigy 4 pro software you muss go to audio folder then setup folder then click on setup.exe then follow rest the way.

3. ColinMacLaren

ColinMacLaren New Member

I completely deleted the old Software und ran Driver Sweeper. I also installed the applications using the setup.exe from the audio/setup subfolder. I'm looking forward to your CMSS3D fix.