Mozilla Firefox 17 issues

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Tipstaff, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Yes, I just checked the FileHippo site again. It's the 6.63 MB file they have. So, it must be the 32-bit version.

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Silverlight_X64

It's weird. If you go back to the main page for Silverlight there's a button that says "Download". That works, but if you do it through the "Get the plugin" link that Waterfox points to, it doesn't work.

Edit:
    Maybe someone can confirm this, but I recall having to uninstall Firefox completely (except it's Profile folder) before the proper version of the installers (Flash, Java, and Silverlight) would work as they seemed to detect Firefox regardless of that fact that I was running from within Waterfox, and they would always install back into Firefox. It wasn't until I uninstalled Firefox that the plugins would install into Waterfox properly.

Also of note, I still have Flash crashes with Waterfox, but since my cookies.sqlite file hasn't been rebuilt since completely switching to Waterfox (knock on wood)... I can live with it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

It's kinda messed up.. i never use the "get the plugin" waterfox option.. i always visit the website directly

Used to be able to go to silverlight.net ... click downloads... scroll down and select/click on the 64bit User Runtime

now it's all bloody developer runtime only... why remove something as simple as that, specially when the auto installer keeps screwing around.

It's as irritating as skype.... you can mess around on that and it'll random decide to give you the full or webinstaller.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Having absolutely no problems with Youtube or any other Flash-based videos using Firefox at present.

Be sure to go to the Adobe Flash Player site and get the latest update....

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Do this while using Firefox to assure that you get the proper download and that the animation successfully plays once you have installed the update.

And, BTW, I'm on Firefox 19 at present...no longer using 17.