MS screwes a loyal gamer.....really really bad....

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by mos2k, Mar 1, 2008.

1. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved video games. This boy bought an Xbox 360. Two years later it broke. The boy had no choice but to send it in for repairs. It was then that Microsoft decided to screw him over. A very big bend on over so we can give you the royal treatment sort of screwing. This is his story.

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/02/28/...-by-microsoft/

2. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

LOL, personally I think MS did a good job cleaning that marker off :D

Did I read that correctly, MS didn't even repair the console, they just cleaned it? Now, that's harsh.

3. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

It was done on purpose. That's messed up.

4. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I hope the guy sues MS, from reading the comments i doubt MS will let it get in the news and they'll try to settle it out of court.
    Poor guy, i think the case was stolen

5. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

my thoughts are that the technician who got hold of his xbox got jealous or something and thinking that it could worth thousands or maybe more wiped it clean

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

If I were him I would keep the xbox in a safe place without playing it at all and buy another one for my gaming needs, while keeping this just to collect signatures etc.

7. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

I'd say it was probably an accident. Someone on auto pilot started wiping clean the side of the system with their industrial "make it look white again" cleaner and then went OH CRAP. Since he already ruined it, he just kept going to make it look nice instead of all the ink and a big ol' f-you smear.

Hopefully microsoft gets some signatures and this dummy stops playing on his collectors item.

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

dummy playing on collectors items?

it can't be a collectors item unless it's used...

the guy didn't do anything wrong... but there is a definite NEED for someone to get a considerable ass warming...

either way, microsoft should be at the very least.. grabbing a unique elite xbox, and getting everyone to sign that sucker up..... get even more signatures then there was before even from even higher ups... who knows... take a list from the guy . see if he wants more to balance the loss of the original.

9. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

Like MS *WOULD* do that yeah rite...!

10. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

How so Judas?

11. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

12. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

That's the wrong side of the case pictured for the "case damage" you can see the faceplate seam at the front and on the other shot it's clearly on the opposite side. try again. :)

13. RebeLone

RebeLone New Member

Wow, MS sucks for that. I would probably share my story with everyone on the net as he did too. Maybe something would get done.

14. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Hehe, now that I've actually looked at the writing it's not surprising that MS wiped it clean. Some of the comments insult MS and make fun of the overheating 360's the tech probably thought it was some smartass kid who wrote that stuff.

15. quazi

quazi New Member

It's an assembly line process outsourced to Latin American countries. I doubt there was any malicious intent here, they were just trying to get it done as quickly as possible. Special consideration is rarely given when the workers don't speak english.

16. MitchRapp

MitchRapp a.k.a. pepiman

I think a solution from M$ would be to mail him a special-edition xbox of some sort (halo3 edition or whatever) and get everyone from the XboX team and people from all over the gaming world to sign it.
    Hell maybe Mr. Gates would take 7 seconds from his day and sign it real quick too?

It would seem like the right thing to do.

But then again, I wouldn't have sent it back to M$ in the first place... never trust the post office or the receiving end with anything .... keep that in mind next time you send in something valuable like this (or just a hard drive with data on it for example)

17. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i don't think BG's signature is imo, worth anything sentimentally...... not on an xbox anyways. imo.

18. genieguru

genieguru New Member

man that poor dude
    he was screwed royally,but atleast MS should be offering compensation

speaking of which my 360 has also got the RROD,and have sent for repair/replacement
    last time i sent it,i got a replacement within 2 weeks

this incident could be classified as "one-off",but u can't help but feel sorry for "Nathaniel"

19. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Ouch... but I have to say, I think that is a pretty funny story (the image of someone diligently scrubbing Master Chief from the side of the console especially). Yes, it's shitty for the guy, and I understand why he's upset, but I wonder what he expected. If he cherished the thing so much, and had the slightest idea that it might not return, wouldn't he have though twice about sending it to a bunch of people making $3 an hour to repair said console? Maybe it would have been worth his additional $300 to just buy a new one.

The "conspiracy" thing is funny as well, and really adds to the humor of the entire situation. The idea that those signatures were worth anything more than sentiment is a pretty big stretch, same could be said for the art.

"360? More like Three-Shitsty!" - Comic Gold.

20. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

the RROD is only thing that keeps alot of people away from 360 and they opt for a PS3