MSI GX660R Gaming Laptop @ HH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Mar 18, 2011.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

MSI GX660R Review

The GX660R is available in various flavours, including Core-i7 based builds and comes with the same high-end Dynaudio speakers that were used in the GT660 with the graphics also receiving an upgrade to AMD's DX11 enabled Mobility 5870... That "R" in the model name, that's for RAID. In theory that all sounds like a system with a high end price tag but MSI have decent spec builds starting at a little under £999 which seems too good to be true. Let's find out if it is...

2. Segurito

Segurito DriverHeaven Lover

That was such a brilliant review, with the addition of videos about the LED lights; video and sound quality, etc. I've been thinking about buying it and now I'm actually convinced.

Thinking about it, does anyone know a good place to buy it FROM Chile, because I've been asking time and time again to MSI partners and there's no real posibility to import it.

Thanks in advance and again, nice review.

3. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Nice review, and I'd agree with the 10/10 for value given what we're used to seeing for high end laptop prices.

Would be good for some of the tests to see some sort of comparison, however - whether it be to the HH test rig or some sort of competing product, as I don't really know what would or would not be good, other than to simply take your word for it, or leaf through past reviews for a comparable product :p

I did, however, have something to compare it against in the Bulletstorm review. Kinda embarassing that laptop CPUs are pulling higher framerates than my overclocked desktop C2D based model in games now :(

4. Simmie

Simmie New Member

That was such an awesome review, amazing high end gaming laptop which is way better than my own gaming desktop

5. darkunknown88

darkunknown88 New Member

ERROR:

"If we thought the system looked unique when powered off things really take a step into the extreme when powered on. He silver trims which we saw earlier are actually transparent and inside them and across the front edge of the system are bright orange LEDs. The quality of illumination is excellent and as noted earlier they can be toggled on/off at the touch of a button."

It should read; "The silver trims........" not "He silver trims........"