Multi-monitor arms

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by dj_stick, Oct 5, 2011.

1. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Hey guys,

Looking for some feedback if anyone here has any idea about what to look for - stumbled across this and it's looking tempting. Not something that I need, but would be handy (running two 19" displays atm)

The 90° Rotation is something that strikes me as quite useful, handy for reading wikipedia and sorting photos...

2. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

My recommendation is to not bother unless you really want multiple arms on one bracket/stand. The reason being that they are horrendously expensive compared to single monitor ones. Usually.

If you do want one, just make sure that it can support the weight of both monitors and that it comes with a warranty. That should cover you.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

The Price is right imo.

I'm quite a fan of the Ergotron Multimonitor solutions.... I've since purchased 3 different versions... and even made the ones they have listed that "aren't" sappose to support larger monitors work just fine.

http://www.ergotron.com/Products/MultiMonitorMounts/tabid/159/Default.aspx

I've used the Quad Display one (2x2) for that machine i built nearly 3 years ago now..

And I've used the 1x4 (4 wide) standard too for a business solution... also recommended it to those in the security industry.

And i personally run the Tilt/swivel/height adjustable one for 3 monitors... I've got 3x 27" asus monitors running portrait mode for eyefinity haning off that sucker.. and i could easily fit 3x 30" on it i'm positive even though it states 22" max i think if i recall right.

Anyways.... yeah depending on the application and if you really don't need it.... 129 seems nice.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

For my 3 monitor/Eyefinity setup I opted for a piece of 1x12 fir shelving. :) I put together some "legs" to raise it up above my main desk's top so that all three are level and at eye level. (Yes, I have Scotch/Irish in me. ;) )