Multi Touch heading into Strategy Gaming?

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 24, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Ubisoft have a new commercial out showing one of their upcoming games running with multi touch gaming on Windows 7. While we would normally post this on GamingHeaven the technology is certainly interesting enough to appeal to our tech audience.

The two guys in the video are quite amusing as they clearly have spent a few hours "sorting out their hair" before the face off. A more realistic version with two fat blokes and a pizza would appeal to me more.

2. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Wow , Amazing. Dj stick was right. But I think it will be very sensitive and a little hard to control.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

They look like two characters from Spielberg's Minority Report getting ready to have sex.

The map controls can easily be done with the mouse, in fact they are.
    There are two things I don't like about this idea.
    1)It will lead to over simplification of strategy games that use this. I am not talking about a better GUI, but a limited amount of options, commands, precision, etc.
    2) I do not like the idea of having to clean the monitor every few (insert the time you think it will take you to get annoyed with smudges on the screen, among other dirt)

I bet someone who uses keyboard+mouse will wipe the floor with someone that uses this multi touch display.

4. charm_quark

charm_quark incognito

haha very true! , i was wondering what they were doing, they probably came to the the wrong studio instead of some modeling one....

i don't think one would have a variety of games to play with touch, how about FPS!... ill stick to my keyboard and mouse