Must Have Utilities

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by coastertux, Aug 24, 2004.

1. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

what i meant to say was, i read that it'll improve the Proxo's UI, i just thought the look-and-feel of the original is okay and i so get used to it.. anyway, i have something about this program to share.. a friend brought his laptop to my place yesterday.. he saw the Proxo icon that shows on my system's.. we talked about it abit and he wanted to use it..., he uses internet sharing at his house and he didn't use MS internet connection sharing but using a 3rd party proxy software called PPPShar,
    i didn't have the program and never use it before... so i D/L an on trial version and installed it on system, connected the laptop... and placed the Proxo in his laptop, don't have time to find info on internet so i just tried forming a chain of the proxies by configuring the Proxo to use remote proxy which's my system with the PPPShar (192.168.0.1:80 #host computer), then browsers on the labtop connect via the Proxo's HTTP proxy, with a little time of testing i think it all worked very well, the Proxo is very flexible.

2. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

3. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

thanks for posting the pic, i didn't see the UI changes will help anything, for me anyway..

4. Ubergrendle

Ubergrendle Semper ubi sub ubi

on my comp

Must haves:
    • Spybot & Ad-Aware
    • Quintessential AV player (for mp3s mainly)
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • SiSoft Sandra
    • DH WinXP Tuner
    • CPU-Z
    • Textpad 4.x+
    • Firefox
    • Bittorrent client
    • Asus Probe (if you have an Asus motherboard)
    Nice to haves:
    • DH Screensaver (because it looks pretty)
    • StyleXP v2.x+
    • Angband (freeware ASCII game)
    • Trillian
    • tweakUI
    • Google Desktop search
    • Google gmail client
    • Quicktime player
    • Realitime player
    • DiVX codec
    • Cryptomathic (http://www.cryptomathic.com/utilities/index.html)
    I limited myself to utilities, not applications or games (Angband excepted). Otherwise the list gets really, really long. :)

5. Randy P

Randy P New Member

Iolo System Mechanic or Fix-it Utilities (awesome registry fixer), and spy sweeper is the BEST!!