My 3DMark06 score - can you take a look please?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by BabylenTatarsky, Oct 22, 2006.

1. BabylenTatarsky

BabylenTatarsky Rocks Your Socks

I've just tested my rig with 3DMark06 for the first time. I really don't know what I'm looking at though.

Here's the link, I think: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=572714

[​IMG]

In the result analysis, where it has a graph to compare my machine with five similar specced machines, mine was the lowest. Any ideas why this is?

I've been thinking of buying another gig of RAM, but I've had better things to spend my money on lately. No doubt I'll buy some soon, is it worth it?

But yeah, please can you look at my result and tell me what you think.

Should I run 3DMark05 for comparison?

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

have you replaced or upgraded any hardware recently?
    have you updated any drivers and maybe not done it correctly?
    are all your bios settings configured manually, volts, ram timings, etc.?

do a search and see what drivers other people are running on your specific hardware to get the best results.

do some searching on optomizing your specific hardware for benchmarking and games.

do a search on optomizing xp.

3. ftd86

ftd86 New Member

Well if it is being compared to "similiar" computers, than the problem is that they most likely overclocked their's.

4. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

I find those canned comparisons to be garbage.

SiSoft 2007 for example, no matter what I benchmark in or with, I'm ALWAYS like 50% slower than the machines it chooses to compare me to :rolleyes:

5. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

can you still play your favourite games? i really wouldnt worry about it unless your hardcore gamer. if you want i'll post my 3d mark 06 for comparison that way if i im lower than similarily speced machines we know its a scam to get us to buy more hardware

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

I don't know about anyone else but compared to my system that's pretty good - If your specs listed under your avatar are correct.
    My Dell specs are under my moniker and my scores are as follows:

3d mark: 4701
    sm2: 2172
    hdr: 2332
    cpu: 971

With the difference in system specs I would think I should be a good bit higher than you but I'm not.
    I've not done any kind of tweeking to anything on my system really - nothing OC'ed, nothing changed with drivers from what I got from Dell (except the GPU - I'm using the latest forceware version of those, at least as of about 2 weeks ago), no adjustments to BIOS or ram timing or volts or anything.
    Maybe that's why my scores aren't better?

I'm kinda going with the everything works well for what I want it to so I've not messed with it. I dropped that vid card in and I've not had a complaint since.

7. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

Its hard to compare a Dell with a retail built system. Dell uses oem parts that were from the bottom of the spectrum when it comes to performance. You also have no way to configure ram timings or voltages or anything except boot priority or enabling or disabling onboard devices. I havent been inside a dell bios for a long time, so correct me if i am wrong. It was a good idea ro replace your GPU.

He will definitely be able to increase in-game performance and bench performance if he tweaks and decreases resource hog processes and services. Once your system is stable and clean and configured manually then search for the fastest drivers for your specific hardware. Latest does not always equal fastest.

8. petri1

petri1 New Member

well since we talk 3DMark 06

i have a really annoyung problem
    it hangs when i starte it

and this is off line no FW no Antivirus and this wmiprvse.exe is like the bad guy somehow i think

well how am i to get around this problem

the comp just freezes i checked tmeps in bios no probs no viruses or so but still i canĀ“t run it at all

when istart wmip shit take s like 100% Cpu

what is wrong?

9. Teme

Teme Super Moderator