My car is totalled

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Geminiwave, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

yeah. I got hit downtown seattle friday night. the car is completely gone. It COULD be repaired but its not worth it and insurance won't pay enough to get it fixed. really that doesn't even concern me. My girlfriend got roughed up quite a bit. She's fine but I realized that I couldn't bear losing her. It was insanely scary guys. No joke..

The other guy is being a huge jerk. He refused to give me his insurance info and is generally just driving me nuts. he kept calling today asking when his car was gunna get fixed and I'm like "I can't do anything until you supply your insurance information. speak to my agent" uhg. what a jerk

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Man, I know what it is to go through this. I had a big jerk total my BMW just a few months ago...hit n run, in fact. Never have located the jerk.

Also, had a really, really bad accident 11 years ago this month......lucky to even be alive after that one.

Just curious: Who's fault in this incident?

Here's the BMW after this guy plowed into me with his Dodge Dakota....

[​IMG]

And here's what I crawled out of after being tossed down the Interstate rolling over and over an estimated six times...

[​IMG]

...and I walked away from it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  3. Geminiwave

you know I don't know. theres blame to go all around but because he lied to the cops, lied to insurance, and is being a general douche, i think the police ticketed him and i think the insurance companies are going in my favor.

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Wow bad news all around... I got my brand new car hit too :( F***ing idiot... He had apparently already hit another car this month already, wasn't compeltely sober and all in all acted like a jerk too.

Didn't speak a word of french (language of the region) and didn't have a Swiss driver's license (you can't drive with a foreign license in Switzerland for more than 6 months and he was due...) and well, my car is damaged and in the garage :( And the worst part is, he said it was MY fault... I had to call the cops.

Luckily here EVERYONE is insured by law and since I'm faultless (the motherf***er hit me from behind), my insurance is happy and his is gonna shell out a LOT of money.

Here is his car
    [​IMG]

And mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doesn't look too bad eh? Well the wheel is doesn't spin straight anymore and wobbles so the car isn't safe to drive. My rim which is forged (in other words not repairable) is totaled and he scratched some body work but I don't mind that since it'll get replaced. It's the fact that the fool didn't know how to drive and has destroyed the axle of my BRAND NEW car :(

I won't be able to pull hot chicks this New Year :p

5. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Wow that really sucks, i hope he gets some crooked cop turning up on his doorstep and giving his beatstick a good workout :)
    glad to hear your'e ok, and get the douche thrown in jail!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I hope everything works out for you Gemini. Odds are, if the guy is lying about insurance, there is something funny going on with him. I hope your girl makes a speedy recovery.

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

chances are he doesn't have insurance.

8. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

man if thats the truth then sucks for him....

9. Geminiwave

no he does. I called around to every insurance company and finally found him. I talked to them. they were quite upset that he refused to give his insurance info. sooo yea hopefully that'll screw him over.

10. Dark Lord

ah, thats very good news to you then. im sure hell have a lovely little call from his agent tomorrow morning.

11. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Chances are he's got a rap sheet of accidents he's been in and may be on the verge of losing his insurance and maybe even his license.

How old a guy is he?

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

every accident I have ever been involved in was my fault, as I was the vehicle owner and operator I chose to drive it so I always ask myself, should I have been there to begin with? In Japan for instance, I ran over a chap on a motorcycle Vespa thing and broke his neck and back. Now he was at fault but because I was an American driving overseas, I got ten percent of the blame and my company assumed his medical costs which were considerable. I learned along time ago, driving is not a right, its a privilege and you have to bear a certain percentage of the responsibility for your actions even if you are the "victem" of an encounter. Its an unpopular notion, but it helps me avoid putting my car and myself into situations where I have to make bad choices and risk getting whacked. Since I have driven I have lost my permit and my license several times and I am almost fifty years old. God only knows how much money I could have saved.
    Sorry for your misfortune about your car, but I hope your more careful now. Since I have driven I have wrecked or totalled the following cars:

Allis Chalmers WD tractor - age of 8 years, drove it and the bail rake into a barn and pushed it into the Boulder river.

Studebaker Pickup- age 8 years, drove it into a culvert after avoiding a herd of cattle driven up the boulder road.

Ford Fairlane, - age of ten, jumping cattle guards and fences I rolled it into a patch of cactus and had to be righted before I could be extricated.

72 Dodge Charger, - age of 17, rolled it on the Mt. Lemmon highway in Tucson AZ. broke my friends neck because he wasnt wearing seatbelts.

75 Plymouth Valiant, - age of 18, slide on black ice and totalled the car into a cliff face.

73 Pinto wagon, - DUI and reckless endangerment for leaping over an eight inch storm curb and drain going 70+ miles an hour.

73 Pinto wagon, - excessive speed, DUI, destruction of city property (light pole, sign post)

GMC pickup with plow and blade- excessive speed, destruction of fuel pumps and hoses and fire damage.

Jeep - rolled on post at Camp Lejune, passengers ejected and injured, cause low speed turn.

75 Toyota station wagon- excessive speed and lack of caution due, ran over motorcycle rider.

GMC six wheeled prime mover- backed over latrine and supply area tents.

that was all before I chose not to drink anymore..LOL

Accident free since (for the most part)

13. Dark Lord

note to self: never get a ride from fallstaff. also, try not to drive in the same city that hes currently in.

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

LOL...

I am in Dallas everyone, you all are safe for now..

Was in London last week though..God the carnage..:(

15. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Amen to that...
    Sorry fallstaff i think i'll walk :eek:

16. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Isn't refusing to give or giving false insurance information illegal by itself?
    Oh well, at least I'm not in Texas. :)

17. Dark Lord

if you were in texas, you probably could have legally just shot the guy.

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

does that come under the "make my day" law?

19. Dark Lord

well seeing as "he needed shootin" is a perfectly legal defense in texas, i believe "make my day" would also pass.

20. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

*note to self, never ever, ever, ever visit texas*

I'm glad your ok Gemini and i hope your girlfriend has a quick recovery.