My computers falling apart

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Marv|n, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Marv|n

Marv|n New Member

It all started a month ago when i started ocing my new comp and i started with the 3d card a club 3d radeon 9600 and when i oced it my 3d mark score dropped and i tried to restet it to stock settings and the dropped a little more. And after that the card has never been the same. And then after a week or so i started mixing with the prosessor(AMD 2400+) and the ram.(Twinmos 512RAM)But yesterday all hell broke loose and it started with me not being able to play any games even on lowest graphic settings. and i checked with sisoft sandra and my prosessor which i now have at stock settings was way lower than a normal 2400+ :sigh: :sigh: . And on 3d mark 03 i amazingly get 2000 . My mobo is a abit nf7. i think im gona send it to the place i bought it from. And today there was a LAN party i wanted to go to :sigh: :sigh:

2. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Ouch!!! That sucks.

One thing I can tell you for sure is don't use the nVidia IDE drivers, just use the default Microsoft ones. They are more reliable.

Don't know if that will help with your problems, but I've heard that the nVidia IDE's can corrupt hardrive data and prevent you from burning CD's.

Also make sure you are running the latest BIOS for the motherboard, that CAN make a difference for newer cards like a 9600.

3. Marv|n

Marv|n New Member

I updated bios and it fixed my prosessor problem but my 3d card is still wierd. I get a score of 2050 on 3dMark 03. At least games are playable again

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

well a format and reinstall with all the latest and greatest does a pc good.

easpecally if it's been a while