My HELP for NEWBIES! ;)

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Blento, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Blento

Blento New Member

Hi all!. I'm newbe in this recording with kx drivers...

I CANT send that KX FILE..so if you are interested in this what i have wrote in this text send me an e-mail, and i'll send you setup file for DSP, or someone can put it on their web site?

I used to had SB PCI 128 card, and i wanted to get myself something better for home recording. So i got myself for a small amount a SB audigy card bulk version. Noone said it to me (when i brought and asked many question) that this card wont work good on my 233 MMX procesor..!!!...i had many problems with Creative drivers, and nothing has worked right ( i even get back my old card ). One day from a stranger ( thank him VERY MUCH) on some web forum he gave me this link ( kxproject.com) to try this drivers. I tryed BUT i never expected much. I was wrong (luckly!!!). DRIVERS ARE GREAT!! It was too complicated for me..and I lost quite a much time to figure it out something ( at least just for my needs).

OK here it is....

(I have 4 speakers system !)

I use mainly guitar, voice and midi files ( for drums and bass) for home recoding.
    This is (at least for me) the best DSP connects, that is much easyer to understand, and that gives a good sound, and this are BASICS for people like me thet we need!...

On FX BUS [1] i use first two exits WaveOut Left and Right (FXBus0 and FXBus1), and
    MIDI Synth Out Left and Right are at FXBus02 and FXBus03.
    Microsoft MIDI synth is at FXBus08 and 09. ALL those things are connected at MIXER 6A [10], and all that are mixed in one output. If you want to add or to delete some effects for MIDI, and WAVE PUT THAT IN between [10] and [11].

PROLOG is for guitar recording, or voice recording. Here are some effects that I mainly use, but if you want to add or delete some of them ( JUST FOR GUITAR) put it in between [3] and [11].

If you want that your midi sound like guitar just connect things ( midi or wave) from [1] to [3] , or if you want all of them then connect [10] to [3].

BE AWARE OF, when connecting WaveOut (Fxbus0 and FXBUS1) from the mixer [1] to mixer[3], that when you record a guitar, or a voice, your wave file will be recorded with those effects that you have choose, and when you start to play that file, your sound again goes trough those effects after mixer [3], and then you’ll get DOUBLE effected wave file!..

Hope to be helpfull..

2. Blento

Blento New Member