My P4 3.0 just died...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Asmoday, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlinxi

merlinxi The Paranoid Cook

As I said it's a lot of money which you have to spend since I am ASSUMING you have a great job of which to do this. As for now I don't. So I will not take any risks in doing so. Though still if I want more speed instead of risking, I'll would just buy the chip for the faster speed, that's just me. I would only do the water cooling for the looks, as it is impressive to look at your work that you have accomplished and what you have created.

Merlin

2. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

sorry to hear about yer rig cartman(now i can't drool all over it anymore :()...good luck findign a replacement, and just a reccomendation - newegg has the 2.4C HT 800FSB chips for about 150, and I know you live in sweden, but my guess would be you can find a similiar price, or someone *cough cough* over here willign to ship it to you at cost....l8r, and RIP p4

3. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Wow, if you told me that in the other thread I would of told you to stop using it asap! It would definitely not have happened if you did that bud. Any open air pockets will trap condensation, no matter how small. Sure is voids the warranty but it does clean off completely with some compressed air and some rubbbing alcohol. With the asetek kit they give you a HUGE tube of dielectric grease and special insulation for the hole in the socket. This is a must do bud, if you sell it make sure to let the guy know. Damn, if I only asked you earlier, I feel at some fault you lost that cpu..

4. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

Naah...don't feel bad bud....you know, the only one to blame is nventiv...and you know what happened to them...:dead:...
    I wish they had recommeded to use the grease, but unfortunally they didn't...so i have to throw out another shitload of cash...:tears: :x

5. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Yeah man, that's definitely a rotten thing to do. I still can't believe they don't say anything about that.
    Hope you work things out

6. scobywhru

scobywhru DriverHeaven Senile Member

I know I am quoting myself but for any one interested I just got a reply back from Drew Gilkey at fluid XP and it is Water soluble so if you were to cool it you would have a problem with water as it would mix in with the fluid and eventally probably short something out if not everything.

He aslo had concern about the capacitors and fluid under chips, so you could lacquer the board or otherwise coat it, which is what some people do with there custom Vapor Phase coolers to keep from shorting there boards out

7. denmason

denmason New Member

Use a conformal spray, works great. Just mask off the socket and slots and spray the board front and back. And grease that socket real good!

8. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

Dude, this thread is two years old...

9. Drakon

Drakon New Member

For a min this thread had me confused. I was thinking, "Didn't Mike get a core 2 duo cpu, so why would he get angry about a p4 dying?" Now I know why :lol:

10. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

:lol: Yea i'm over that old northwood now..:p

11. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

just remember not to push your core 2 to its limits too hard ... even when you had one or two many beers :D

12. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

that's usually when i do some of my best overclocking :duh:

13. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

Yep same here..:lol:

Well, I think it is time for this thread to go back to the "land of dead and ancient threads"....;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.