My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sew333, Sep 10, 2020.

1. sew333

sew333 Member

PC: Aorus AD27QD

AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING

Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock

2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP

9700K STOCK

Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Pc was on idle and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload. 2 weeks ago something tripped 2 small circuit breakers . All electricity lights and sockets went down .Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So one bulb get burned.

What tripped breaker? Halogen Bulb or Seasonic psu of my pc?

Somebody said this to me:"

"halogen bulb doesn't trip your circuit breaker, it got burned cos of the sudden power disrupt."

I dont understand. So not possible , that bulb will get burn itself, but power disrupt? Whoot?

Like i said pc working normally after that outage.But i am worried about my psu.

Thx for helping me. I am not cooled down<lol>.

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

From a person, myself, who spent dozens of years in the construction/remodeling business, I can say that it IS possible that the halogen bulb burned out and could cause a breaker to trip. HOWEVER, if it did so, it would have ONLY TRIPPED ONE BREAKER. Each breaker at the box only controls ONE CIRCUIT. And, the halogen bulb would be using only ONE CIRCUIT. (Unless things are totally haywire in the area where you live. But, I think electricity circuits are pretty much standard everywhere.)

If TWO Breakers were tripped, I'd be looking into other possible scenarios. For example, does your power come from overhead wires...as opposed to underground source? If overhead, we had an example at our own residence awhile back where squirrels had sharpened their teeth on the overhead wiring...exposing some of the ground/neutral wiring. This was causing our lights to flicker. It never got bad enough to trip a breaker, but could have if the wiring had been exposed much more. It took the power company coming out and doing repairs on the wiring to fix our problem.

Do some research to discover what appliances and other things are connected to each of those breakers that tripped. If possible, move what could be the most power hungry item to a totally different circuit...but don't put two power hungry appliances on any one circuit.

Reply back with any updates.

3. sew333

sew333 Member

I call to 4 electricians and ask about that. And they said that things like this can happen if 2 circuit breakers will be tripped. Anyway i respect what you said Dyre Straits, you are right too. Maybe in Poland wiring is different or in my region?hmm?

4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

A power disrupt is possible and if it was two breakers, it's a more likely cause than any single appliance. We used to have power drops at my old place (sometimes when the switch from high to low tariff happened, other times at random) where the light would flicker and the old CRT TV screen would go blank for a bit. Drops can be followed by spikes and those can trip a breaker or be a danger to anything plugged in if the breaker is not fast enough.

Dyre Straits likes this.