Napoleon Dynamite

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by HardwareHeaven, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

the hand of Zardon makes no cakes.....we await the Driver Heaven T-shirts...:lol:

2. Son_of_Thunder

Son_of_Thunder New Member

You sure, IMDB says it was released in 2004...

I watched it...the joke that is the movie, is funnier than the movie itself. Myself and my mom's fiance have a good time pretending that the other one loved it.

Like andrew said, the only part I really laughed at was the cow. The dance-off, and time machine were also decent.

3. Son_of_Thunder

You sure about Ebert and Roper? Ebert gave it 1.5 stars and said that a depressed, deathly silence throughout the movie would have been appropriate.
    http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040618/REVIEWS/406180306/1023

4. NUCLEARWINTER

NUCLEARWINTER Reap What You Sow.

yeeeeaaaah!!! i want a driverheaven t-shirt! it should be black with ati logo on front left breast, and driverheaven.net in large white letters with DH logo before it(...sorta like in middle of the screen when u're typing posts) on the back. i'd be the coolest computer geek on the block....just the thought of it makes me all excited....cannot hardly...contain.....saliva...:drool:

we should start up a donation drive for driverheaven t-shirts.

5. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

Hah hah, totally agree with that guy. The movie's not really good. It's just the shear stupidity and overall crapyness of the plot (if there is such a thing) that makes it popular. Definitly not one of my favorites but still enjoyable as long as you don't start watching it thinking it would be great.

6. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

wow tough crowd. I thought there were some really funny scenes in it, ok its not a literary masterpiece but if you take the film in the context its meant to be aimed at --- showing some dysfunctional family members I think its a really fun film.

What about the scene the two brothers go to learn the karate with the butch instructor, that was literally just so DUMB you had to laugh, "kick me, ok kick me again", as the instructor just slaps the geeky older brother then calls the other brother "peter pan"...... all slapstick comedy, certainly not sophiscated but christ do we need to analyse everyting !!!

Its just a dumb film and all I can say is I laughed in bed when I was ill, good enough for me !

7. Frodo301

Frodo301 Outraged

My kids thought it was a stupid movie as well at ages of 16 and 12 years, honestly I laughed more then I thought I would. Zardon, maybe the humour is for us more mature minded and aged individuals :rofl: :p .

8. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

I loved the movie and as a party favorite, i now play/sing the intro song... 'fall is here hear the elk, school is back ring the bell...etc.etc.etc.etc. ....... i can tell that we are gonna be friends' song. Who would thunk it to be a panty dropper eh?

9. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

GOD......IDIOT!!!!!

10. Son_of_Thunder

11. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

im going to buy the "vote for pedro" shirt and wear it when i go clubbing, and buy it for my gf

12. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Ah, that'd be cool! :cool:

Yeah, I watched it as well, and I found it really funny, though I do have to admit, it was really dumb. :lol:

In the start of the movie I didn't even think that I was actually gonna laugh. :)

13. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

only seen a lil bit of it... not my kinda thing... but then I don't like slapstick

14. fire1811

fire1811 New Member

quite possibly the dumbest movie I have ever seen. Although I have since watched it two more times and am constantly quoting him....hmmm maybe it was that bad :confused: