Need for Speed 4 Vista Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by RejZoR, Nov 6, 2008.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

[​IMG]

Here it is, finally the proper Need for Speed 4: High Stakes Vista Patch that i've been working on for a very long time. Thats right, you will be able to play Need for Speed High Stakes on Windows XP and Windows Vista (32bit or 64bit). And thats not all, this patch package also includes official NFS4 patch v4.50, High Poly Patch and updated Direct3D game engine. Everything you need for best racing experience.
    Parts of this patch were made by Martin Leps (High Poly fix) and RunR (the actual compatibility SDB module).

Btw, when you run the game you have to click "Cancel" on the file integrity check screen and click Back button several times until you reach main menu. It takes some time to start the game and there is no intro video, but you can enjoy everything else just the same as you did when the game was released back in 1999.

PATCH REQUIREMENTS:
    - Windows XP or Vista (32bit & 64bit)
    - properly installed retail Need for Speed 4: High Stakes game (english version)

DOWNLOAD:
    rejzor.tk
    Need for Speed 4 Vista Edition - RejZoR's little secrets for Windows - by RejZoR

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Need to find those CDs lol.
    Any idea if the wired xbox 360 controller works with these games?

3. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

As far as i know Xbox controller acts just like any other gamepad so yeah i think it should work.

4. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

Sweet! I'll have to check this out. Irritating that it wouldn't work under XP. Thank you for the post and the work. :)

5. sterben

sterben New Member

I saw my friend play this game the other day, didn't catch my interest...

6. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

this was a MUCH better game than porsche unleashed. I loved the high stakes mode where you could actually lose your car. the 2 games that get praise I really don't get why it does is porsche unleashed and most wanted.... carbon was far better than most wanted. I hate daylight racing, and the music was just plain horrible in most wanted and pro street. porsche unleashed was annoying grinding yourself up.

7. Valdeam

Valdeam New Member

Hey thanks. Need for Speed is my addiction. I've played them since the beginning.

Valdeam [​IMG]

8. skyguy923

skyguy923 New Member

I played this game the most out of all the NFS.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

question... installed the patch.... completed... the desktop icon loads up nfs4hs but then it says verifying file integrity for ages without ever moving.....

Also if i hit back and try and load a game, the game is rendering in software mode.... checking the 3DSetup it has direct3D Device 0 as the what is selected which should mean it should be loading it in 3d accelerated mode.. however it doesn't....

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

ok apparently i just had to wait ... and wait..... and wait wait wait......

Just to clarify though, is this nfs4 patched version the 3.5 beta patch? .. .does it allow for a CD crack to be put in it's place? Does it allow for modded cars to be installed? What about modified tracks?