Need For Speed Underground

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 20, 2003.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah, I like the stock tail light on that car. (in real life too)- awesome car.

2. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

well i jus unlocked my skyline so still lots of work to be done... i dont like making this car look to flashy and anyways a skyline is an eye opener anywhere, the asian ferrari basically

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Be careful, after you finish race 112, it locks you out of underground mode, and then you are stuck with the car you won that race with, unless you want to go race the last race again. You can recreate your car for multiplayer, but it won't have the special parts on it.

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

wait so i cant go back and buy any parts ive missed....?

then i should buy them all now!

5. projectHUMAN

projectHUMAN Subsonic Stigmata

No no no it unlocks all the items whe you finish underground mode. No need to buy them all. Your not stuck with that car. Now you can Quick Race and upgrade any car in Customize Ride.

6. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Well check this out. I finished the game with a totally modded out 206- then I race online with it. Great, so then I want to race with another totally modded car, so I go to customize ride screen and mod out an RX-7- great.

BUT

when I mod out a 206 to as high as it will go in the customizable screen before online play,- and then compare it to the totally modded 206 I finished the game with, the one I finished the game with is faster- the one I made for online play that is Identical does not have the special parts on it, that you get for winning certain races with in the underground mode- Even the sliders on the bottom "Acceleration", "top speed", and "handling", are not as high as the 206 that I finished the underground mode with, the one you cannot change and is locked after you finish underground mode- I guess I could take screenshots, but it's true- this game is stupid because it locks you out of underground mode after you finish it, then you are stuck with that car if you want cars with the special parts on it.

7. projectHUMAN

projectHUMAN Subsonic Stigmata

I understand their reasoning for this though. Online play wouldnt be even then.

8. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah it would be- because people use these cars anyway, it just makes it so you can't cusomize the car you get when you win the underground mode-

And without anti-cheat software- allot of people cheat anyway.

9. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i dont get it, how come Command and Conquer has so much security and this game doesnt even reinforce serial number security! its plain retarded! and both by EA

and loads of ppl hack. like this dude with an integra had lower stats was going at the speed of a full speed skyline its just plain retarded!

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

EA is retarted.:duh: Didn't you know that?

11. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

well i wont get into other security methods that can be bypassed because we should not do that. but im sure EA is making good money of this game even though they dont have the greatest security

12. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

This is another one of those games that come out..make a big hype.. then u pass it and get bored and move on. Not something I would play online for years and not get bored.

Counter-Strike on the other hand...people have been playing for years and years and years and still didn't get bored (including me). Also, the new 1.6 (I still don't understand the dumbasses playing 1.5) gets updates every few days...so if something has bug today or could be improved... it will be very very soon. Also at http://www.steampowered.com there's a great community where you could find an answer to any question you may have! That's why I could keep playing this game... it makes sense ... there's clans, leagues. once u get really good- you can even win $ playing. Now what other game could say that! Bottom line is: If you don't play counter-strike, I feel sorry for you!

HAHA as a matter of fact a new update was released today:
    December 4, 2003, 10:31 am

Just went to their website (listed above) for the fuck of it and found out that a new update was just released !! I fucking LOVE THIS GAME!!! Well, I'm off to play on my newly o'c d processor!

13. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i feel cs 1.6 is better, but steam is a retarded app all together. takes forever to install and download updates. the game is improved but the reason why lot of people aren't playing is cause of steam and when 1.6 was released there was very little news on the net. another factor also was cause of the HUGE DELAY GOD DAMN!

14. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

::Of all the lameness::

You don't have to download the game through steam

See for yourself:

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow

[Quote from steampowered.com by Pharlap]:

"*Steam works great. You just don't know how to set up your computer."

Don't get mad at me, I didn't write it but I do find it holds a lot of truth.

15. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

yea i know you dont i have massive cs setup file on my comp....
    i mean updates take so long to install i have no idea why. like even small ones

16. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

anyways we should talk about nfs u here not cs haha

17. Junk

Junk New Member

here's the car i that finished the game with. it's the acura rsx. i like it for everything except drift (where i use the mazda miata mx-5).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

junk i would change the rim colors... they arent really in tone with the whole car

heres my redesigned skyline

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Junk

Junk New Member

i kinda liked the purple as it went with the purple in the vinyl (on the transformer guy), but i see what you mean. maybe change the rims to red and the brake drum to that blue??

20. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

some seriously nice looking cars !!