need help audigy 2 ZS Platinum AC3 coaxial passthrough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aalin, Jul 10, 2005.

1. aalin

aalin New Member

Hello everybody,

I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and I want to direct the AC3 stream to my external decoder / receiver - Yamaha HTR 5760, using the digital coaxial output from the I/O drive. I tried all combinations of drivers from Creative, KX or YouP-PAX, and none allowed me to have sorround sound for dvds. The receiver detects the signal only PCM, I have front stereo signal from the dvds, but no center/surround.

Does anybody here resolved this problem?
    Or knows a solution to it?

I had the same problem with a Platinum 10k1 and was easily resolved with the kx driver, but now I am stuck on it for about a month and it seems I can not find the solution.

Thank you for your help. Any input is appreciated!
    Alin

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

for passthrough from DVD you need to connect the DVD digital audio pins to the coaxial input of the audigy 2's drive bay

3. aalin

aalin New Member

dj_stick, if you are refering to the audio digital from the dvd-rom, it has no connection with the audio data stream that is the ac3 in a dvd movie. I did all the physical/hardware changes. It is a software/driver issue and it seems nobody has resolved it.

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

afaik the only way for passthrough to work (in kx at least) is for a physical connection between the DVD-rom and the soundcard