Need help with my Sensaura-enhanced sound card...

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by klutzon, May 15, 2002.

1. klutzon

klutzon New Member

Can someone please help me find some decent sound card drivers for Windows XP for my sound card? It's based on the Yamaha 724F sound chip, with Sensaura-accelerated sound (i.e like Creative's Live! cards are enhanced by official EAX, my card is enhanced by Sensaura).

The drivers that I have now for WinXP don't have Sensaura-acceleration and don't have gamepad support, but everything else is there. I have to go into WinME to get everything, including my gamepad to work. Can someone help me? I've tried on my own, but with no luck.. :(

2. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

Make? Model?? C'mon man, just the chip info isn't enough....

3. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Okay don't quote me on this. I think the Philips Edge Sound Cards come with a version of this that does work in 2K/XP. I used to have the Acoustic Edge, and it worked in 2K if I remember right. Yes, some of you maybe asking yourself's "Why doesn't he still have this card?". I only can say it's a long stupid story, and would leave everyone falling out of their chairs laughing. So..no thanks. I'll try to and look and see what I can find for you though. I do know what your talking about, just it's been awhile since I've looked for it.

Update. I also remember some cards with this chipset only being able to install the basic WDM drivers for this card. If that is so, and depending on the age of the card you might be out of luck anyway.

4. klutzon

klutzon New Member

Re:

My sound card was from a company called Pine Group, and the model number is PT2626. I've checked their website, but they've only got a plethora of Win9x drivers, one DOS driver and one old WinNT driver. Their Win9x drivers aren't so great in terms of features, so I checked out the main Yamaha website, and I found they had drivers for every OS. Their Win9x drivers are excellent in terms of features, I've got everything Sensaura based at my disposal, but their WinXP drivers, although great, are missing the Sensaura-acceleration and the gameport. I thought, maybe since I've seen at least 20 sets of drivers from different companies for my very old ISA sound card by Opti, perhaps it'd be the same with my Yamaha 724F sound card...

Is that enough info? :)

5. Necrosis

Re:

Pine Group..yeah I know them. I'll see what I can find when I get home from work. I seem to have some sorta of ESP when it comes to issues like this.

6. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

7. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

8. Necrosis

9. klutzon

klutzon New Member

Thank you guys for all your help. I knew that it was a long shot, since I couldn't find it easily myself, but I thought I'd ask you guys to help me out. Anyway, it seems that WinME will be the choice for the future in terms of EAX-enhanced games, which is fine. Just the hassle of resetting and booting into WinME...

I really wanted the drivers for XP because of the gameport support, but I'll give the WinXP drivers a shot. Maybe these drivers that I'm using aren't as good as the standard WinXP drivers for the Yamaha 724F chip... :)

Thanks again, you guys. :D

10. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

let us know how it goes once you try them :)