Nero 6 Ultra reveals itself...

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Dom, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Dom

Dom New Member

Secrets are startlingly difficult to keep when two or more people know them. When it comes to something that "I have and you don't" - it's even more difficult to keep it contained as there are many reasons someone else may cajoule you into spilling your guts as quickly as our WinBeta Gulfstream V Jet streaks for the sky when I'm running late...but I digress...

Some companies are in that most sought after position of being inextricably linked to the best of the best in their categories...I refer of course to the likes of John Deere, the tractor makers (A big hello to you Johnboy), Walmart - the supermarket behemoth, Google - so popular it's now a verb as well as a company (just google it mate!) and of course Nero - the company who's CD and DVD burning software simply works - period. No muss, no fuss, toss in a blank cd, a few steps through a wizard, or for the expert, a few clicks through unguided and voila! Instant copies of your autobiography destined for all of your friends coffee tables...

Nero have released so very many version 5 updates it's been rather like watching that valiant tryer of the English tennis scene, Tim Henman having a bash at winning Wimbeldon...again...always reminds me of one of those movies where the tall chap simply puts his hand on the head of the not so tall chap who swings his arms in a wild flailing manner, his blows falling short of their target, no matter how hard he tries...

So, it was rather quietly announced that Nero had lost count of the number of version 5 builds it had produced, so, they cleverly chose to release version 6. This time, in a number of flavours, each more expensive, promising that "oh I have to have it!" feature.

Read More...

2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

from what I heard....*cough* *cough* if you install as an upgrade it says it's an expired demo.... but if you remove 5 then install, it will work fine...... can anyone confirm :hmm:

3. AlternateVirus

AlternateVirus New Member

yes @chaos, true, you have to remove 5 first before installing it. it works fine on my end.

4. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

thx, I am curious cause I own 5.5.1.9 and was not sure but I think they are charging like $30 US or more for an upgrade

5. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

I'll also confirm that. It also fixed the system lock-up I experienced on my Sony 52x writter when it ejected the disc on completion! I'm so happy! (you don't know HOW annoying that little 2 second lock up was)

6. Lock

Lock New Member

Due to high demand, features originally slated for future versions have now been brought forward in time to add even more value to this already impressive suite. Stay tuned for the new web release, now scheduled for July 25th. Included will be "Special Project" Nero Recode! - In other words, damn everyone has downloaded the leak, how can we add value to a product, I know lets rush through a product that we've been working but isnt complete yet and call it a "special project"