New ATI Catalyst 3.10 Drivers are out Please Discuss Here

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by toddsmack2k, Dec 17, 2003.

1. friedmonky

friedmonky New Member

Hey chramcow daniel, do you play Grand Prix Legends? I would like to hear if my problems with this game and the 3.10's are just mine or not.
    friedmonky

2. snake

snake Active Member

No major improvments it seems, lost 100 points under 3DMark2K1, 200 with 3DMark2K3
    and all seems OK with COD. I didn't spot any bug with Aquamark3. Nothing more till now ;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Hmm, I've never seen it before now- but it happens every single time. I think it lowers my score quite a bit too.

So far just tested benchmarks

Aquamark- lost 2,000 points average after 3 runs

3dmark 03- lost 75 points average after 3 runs

3dmark 01- lost 500 points avarage after 3 runs

Not that it matters, just an observation. I hope games do better. The stuttering bugs me though.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Just installed mind without a hitch and love the picture with windvd 5 really clear on tv out put :)

5. Esperados

Esperados New Member

Major improvement in Hidden & Dangerous 2, which is awesome btw.

6. Dragunov

Dragunov New Member

does this drivers have WMV-acceleration and so?

THanks

Dragunov

7. massimo

massimo New Member

new catalyst 3.10

Uhmmm this is the first time i have to complain.
    The new drivers are really slower than the last omegadrivers using flyght sim 2004.
    I lost the 15% of the frame rates.
    Still Investigating.
    PIV 3K intel 875 1 gb ram
    ati 9700 pro

MAX

8. dougmach

dougmach New Member

Just tried again uninstalling drivers and using driver cleaner 2.6. reinstalled and now everything works fine including new MMC

9. Tyl3n0L

Tyl3n0L ATi Fanboy

I don't understand... ok, I have an Asus 9800XT and they said they included the Overdrive Feature TAB in this version. But I still don't see it...

10. River

River -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

3.10's running fine

I see a slight performance gain, quality appears to be as good as previous set, at least as far as I can see.

I have one question if some one might know the "why?"

With this set and with the two previous sets, when ever I "apply" settings in the "3D" tab, Direct 3D settings, and turn on or turn off the AA and the AF settings, my monitor goes black and then in to standby mode. I have to power off the monitor, then back on, and from there every thing is fine till I have to change one of the pre set settings for Direct 3D that changes the AA and/or the AF settings under this tab.

Any idea why?

thank you ATI for the new set, much appreciated!
    River~

11. NewsFactory

NewsFactory News Guru

12. studbagel9

studbagel9 Rolling the Hard Six

I don't think I'll be installing this set, as you guys overall seem to be having a hard time...

13. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Did you disable the HotKey Poller in Services? If so this will remove the Overdrive Feature Tab. I learned that the hard way. Or it could be that the ATI Overdrive Feature will not work with the Asus card. You may have to wait for updated Asus drivers.

14. Robert McClelland

I love the picture quality with the set but I did lost 100 points frame ratest oh well nice work ati keeping these to omega comes out :)

15. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

the overdrive feature will not work with ASUS 9800XT`s or 9600XT`s from asus.... simple as that... those cards are not based on the offical ati refrence design use ASUS smart docter II if you wish to overclock with a asus... also the offical and omega will not fully work with asus XT cards and only asus`s offical drivers will.... thats why asus get for not sticking to the 100% refrence design ati use`s

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

In DX IW if you enable any Antialiasing at all with any shadows at all you get HUGE AMOUNTS of curruption all over the screen, it's actually worse with the 3.10's than the 3.9's.

ALSO- I have all my Icons lined up at the bottom of the desktop- when I play DXIW and then quit the game, My Icons are ALL messed up because it goes back to 800 x 600 or 640 x 460 or something.

Also my monitor "clicks" about 15 times when changing resolutions when loading up any game. It did the same thing a few driver versions ago- not sure which one.

I can't believe this- I've tried every different combo of refresh overide, DCC, same as desktop, bla bla blah- same thing- monitor clicks like crazy with these drivers when loading games, changing resolutions- it dis not do this with 3.9's

What can I do to fix this? What was changes form the 3.9's to these? :annoyed:

before my Icons were all lined up at the BOTTOM of screen- @ 1024 x 768- after loading game- they allways look like this! :x
    [​IMG]

17. goodhuman

goodhuman Banned

Have you tried downloading and installing a new INF for your monitor?

18. Robert McClelland

Or just wait for omegas :)

19. BWX

BWX get out and ride

no- I already have it.

Another thing I notice, The monitor "clicks" 8 times while exiting any game to desktop- I don't know if this is because of some other fix for another problem (I noticed there were allot of monitor fixes)- but it's annoying, I wish I could fix it while still using this new driver.

*edit- so I think as a last resort I will enable refresh rate override so that no other resolution but 1024 x 768 will be used- I line up icons, start a game, exit game, - all icons stuck up in the corner-

I can only assume this is a problem with the drivers since this did not happen with the 3.9 Cats. I guess I'll be going back to the 3.9's. I wouldn't doubt if a a bunch of stories about "these drivers killed my monitor" stories start popping up, because these do make my monitor go nuts, switching and clicking between resolutions 8 times in one second, not that it hurts it- but still. Acts just like those drivers that everyone else was complaining it killed their monitors.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  20. JamieKirby

JamieKirby New Member

yo Dude, where did you get that theme from???

If it is free can you tell me the link to get it??

Also, the drivers seem good to me.

I am getting about the same in the benchmark, but if the game is smooth, why complain???

(not to you mate) why complain that your games ain't running at 100Hz ??? your eyes can't see beyond 85hz, well mine can't...so for me, 85Hz is good enough for me, since at 800x600 and 1024x768, my monitor can't use any higher then 85Hz.

I personally think these drivers are good, very good.

so far, COD was completely smooth, it has only started to slow down on the first Russian Mission. (alot to draw)

I have the following:

ASUS A7N8X-X
    AMD AthlonXP 2600+ (ThoroughBred Core) not sure how it is spelt.
    512MB DDR PC2700
    ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128MB

I get around 10,000 3DMark2001SE and i get about 25,000 or so on Aquamark 3....i am happy with it...

I plan to get the following, when my cashflow permits it:

AMD AthlonXP 3200+ (Barton Core)
    512MB DDR PC3200
    ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256MB (if i can find it)

I tried a Geforce4 Ti4800SE and i was rather disgusted by it, so i personally think ATI are far better, especially with older games.

ATI: Freespace 2 and X-Wing Alliance = no problems

Nvidia: Freespace 2 and X-Wing Alliance = Text Corruption/Bleeding

Miffed me off, so i am sticking with ATI. :D

JamieK