New ATI Catalyst 3.10 Drivers are out Please Discuss Here

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by toddsmack2k, Dec 17, 2003.

1. kicksave13

kicksave13 New Member

Not a prob with 3.10's

I just installed the 3.10's and everything looks great....i swear games are running better like BF1942.......I also had aquamark03 score of 37000 and 3dmark03 went up 70 points to 1580....all looks good hear and no stuttering in the 3dmark at all....

A7N8X rev 2.0 deluxe
    AIW 9800 Pro
    2 x 256 crucial 3200
    Athlon xp 2600 stock

Looks great to me

2. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Worked with the drivers a little more and do notice some screen flicker when maps load in RTCW and COD with AA and AF on. Nothing unbearable, but the screen does flicker. Again, it's just when the maps load and not during the game.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

After I installed these, I cranked up BF 1942. After three tries and getting a blank black screen...with sounds in the background, I had to reboot the computer and try again. That worked. BUT, I had already rebooted after installing the drivers.

Just to be safe, I've done an uninstall and reinstall of the CAT 3.10 and Control Panel.

Call of Duty started right up and I played through a couple of the tank missions real quick. No problems there.

This is on my new 9600 Pro 128 MB card.

4. raid517

raid517 New Member

Man these drivers are whacked! They slashed my 3Dmark 2001 SE score from about 14600 on my radeon 9800NP to just over 6000. What is the deal with that? Well anyway the only thing I know that can do this is if the frames are somehow being limited - and the only thing capable of limiting frames is Vsync (wait for Vsync in ATI control panel). So I took a look and in the Direct 3D I noticed it was set for 'application preference.' So I switched it off. I did the same with Opengl and moved the slider from high quality to quality. This sent my score straight back up again.

My question is, what did I do? What did I do that so radically repaired my 3D mark score? Is the 'application preference' setting in ATI control panel some how misleading in that 'wait for vsync' is actually jammed on?

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Q

5. daos

daos New Member

something you did with the install is whacked. try uninstalling them and using drivercleaner to remove excess files while in safe mode. i uninstalled my drivers via device manager and rebooted, then ran DC in safemode, rebooted and installed the 3.10's. everything works great. nice and smooth gameplay and i notice it is much more smooth in OGL. BF1942 plays great and now it shuts down quicker.

one thing i am missing though. i saw on driverheaven, a sneak preview of the driver and i swear these drivers had temperature readouts like on nvidia cards. i was really looking forward to that. was that a joke or for real?

6. raid517

raid517 New Member

Mmm... But why does switching vsync off massively increase my score? I mean I never enabled it - it just looks like it's set to application preference by default. Apparently it thinks that the application preference for 3DMark 2001/03 is always on.

Q

7. SkyBum

SkyBum New Member

Joke.

8. Dyre Straits

That was not a screenshot from these drivers. That's something that's still in the works for a future release.

9. Dyre Straits

Something IS really strange.

Working off your post, I decided to Disable V-Sync in DirectX and OpenGL like you did in the Control Panel.

My scores went DOWN in 3DMark2K1.

10. raid517

raid517 New Member

It seems to me that these drivers, or the control panel doesn't know 'where' vsync is at...

Q

11. MousePotato

MousePotato New Member

3.10 drivers are workig great !!! ;) ;)

games i played and tested so far have ZERO issues with my 9700 pro( 1280x1024x32 with 4XAA / 8XAF )

CoD
    UT2K3
    UT
    SS SE
    MOHAA
    4x4 Evo2

good stuff again from ATI, thanks folks !

12. BBThumper

BBThumper New Member

.......after install I get a "Windows cannot open ATIMenu.xx error. Strange, download and reinstalled twice. I see no other issue with it though :duh: ..........

13. Dyre Straits

If you follow the link to the Full Release Notes, and then click on one of the included links there for further information about specific games issues, it produces a white page "unavailable" for me.

Anyone else getting this?

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I was for some of them, then when I tried again it worked. Maybe they aren't updated yet.

15. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

So far so good on the 3.10's......I am still having a mouse problem in C&C Gen. Zero Hour.......mouse wont move right!! weird.....I most likely need to do a fresh format.......been awhile:hmm: Still testing....so I will post later on.

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I fixed my ICON problem!

Not the way I wanted to though.:duh:

[​IMG]

17. damiandimitri

damiandimitri New Member

this is the second set of drivers that leave me with a black screen in windows (afther re-start)
    I was to stupid not to wait on the omega ones :(

New ATI drivers only will install for me on a clean system....which i need to do anyway now...lol

18. Veky

Veky Member

What's odd about the date?

19. TotenMaske

TotenMaske New Member

The drivers took awhile to install on mine, there seemed to be a conflict with the service running in the background ctfmon.exe (Alternative User Input Services) that prevented them to install. Just had to close down ctfmon service and it installed fine. What I think is funny the preview image of the tab for Overdrive that was posted on DriverHeaven seemed to not have made it into this release. Other than that I don't seem to have any problems with this set of drivers *turning on Overdrive doesn't seem to crash Halo at all like it did before*.

Pentium 4 2.6 800Mhz, 2 GB DDR333 Ram, ATI Radeon 9800XT, Windows XP Professional, 9.0b DirectX, LiteOn DVD-ROM, LiteOn 8x DVD RW-+ Combo Drive, 2 120GB Western Digital HDs, SoundBlaster Live! with LiveDrive (I don't know I just like it... maybe I'll get a Audigy 2... maybe.*, Klipsh THX Promedia Speakers.

20. Gizmo[5h1t3]

Gizmo[5h1t3] New Member

radeon xt by powercolor here...installed the 3.10`s....no overdrive tab in panel????

otherwise...the drivers are fine!!

all games tried so far run sw33t!!