New Brothers In Arms Game In Development, But Gearbox Won't Show It Off Until It's Almost Done

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Sep 14, 2021.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Gearbox has confirmed that a new entry in the Brothers in Arms series is in development, but with the memory of the troubled launch of Aliens: Colonial Marines still fresh in its mind, the studio is taking a more cautious approach for the inevitable reveal.

Speaking on the Game Maker's Notebook podcast and spotted by VGC, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford explained that one of the reasons why Aliens: Colonial Marines was a critical flop was because the game had been announced far too early.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

The original was a slightly terrifying game at first, it gave each soldier a personality and a name and I watched a soldier, Lets call him Corporal Parts, get gunned down and then as the next level started there he was alive and well ..."Whew that was tough" he said, yes I thought you died and now here you are alive and well

each level I would see others of my squad gunned down and then magically resurrect it was an odd choice of gameplay but it was a fun game

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I like the whole series, played on PC though I don't think I finished any one of them yet.
    Gearbox can certainly deliver.

It just feels weird to see a WWII FPS coming again. I guess I am tired of shooting Germans.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Brothers in Arms was fun, also didn't finish it, but this new one should be good. Looking forward to it, to be honest even though I have a crap tonne of time, I have so many games to be played, that's where I've been, catching up on my gaming, in case anyone was wondering. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.