New Catalyst release Wednesday

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MIG-31, Dec 15, 2003.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

They didn't fix DXIW at all, in fact it has other problems, and the antialiasing/ shadow problem is worse. ATI did absolutely nothing to help this game with these drivers. In fact, it is noticeably worse. :(

2. Forge

Forge New Member

The AA/shadows problem in DXIW is very similar to the AA/lights problems in Splinter Cell. Blame MS/Xbox, and turn AA off if it bothers you so much.

I feel compelled to note that DX2 is a bug-ridden piece of tripe on my 5900 Ultra as well. There's only so much ATI can do, aside from disabling MSAA and reenabling the old, SLOW SSAA. That would look right, but there would be a frigging massive fps loss.

I'm really bitter about DX2. DX1 was a PC game, that eventually got backported to the less-sophisticated hardware and interfaces of the consoles. DX2 was written for PS2/Xbox, and we PC users just get a hacked up backport.

I told everybody this would happen. 'Xbox is a wannabe PC, so all those console titles will come to PC'.... Yeah, right. Not only have we not gotten new titles, we've also gotten a bunch of ours stolen away.

Death to Xbox!