New CCC Poll

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Sep 13, 2004.

?

Do you use the new ATI "CCC" or old Control Panel?

1. Yes, I installed it and I use it.

52 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. No, I uninstalled it and use the old Control Panel insted

61 vote(s)
    39.9%
  3. Havent installed it because of all the negative feedback

28 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Havent installed it , it uses .NET , Barf

12 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

Hello Zardon,

Glad to see you made here. As you can see from the time line here in this thread, your boy was the one who started this. I hope your will take the time to publicly correct him, as I cant see as wanting him (or others) to continue with personally attacking forum members from for stating their opinions. This should be frowned upon almost forum wide, but most especially from your staff!

Once again, they started it, and if they end it now and apologize, I will end it too.

Thankyou for your time.

2. Yallrun

Yallrun New Member

The new CCC gave me a few small issues that really pissed me off and hastely ready to wipe em out. But after getting it set right and letting them run a bit. I haven't had anymore probs since install. Got a UT2K4 issue but I don't think..it's CCC related. I'm gonna play with it for a couple days and see how things go. Give it a chance!

Yallrun

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

wk357mag

If any of my staff are out of line I deal with it in private - there is no need for this kind of drama in a thread regarding CCC. Please continue to air your views but do so in a respectful manner to others and refrain from further adding to any unpleasant situation.

Thank you. Now please lets get this thread back on track.

4. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

I can appreciate your view point, but seeing that I have been Humiliated in public, I do demand a Public apology from the mentioned parties. This would right the wrongs.

I do appreciate your time!

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

You dont DEMAND anything here, I asked you twice now to refrain from adding to this thread with more nonsense along with a warning, therefore you are banned until you learn to understand when I state something in a thread you listen.

Can we PLEASE get back to discussing CCC guys? :rolleyes:

6. higgledyhiggles

higgledyhiggles Active Member

voted not to install because of .net
    the last time I was forced to install .net it took forever to download it
    and all the updates... then it created an extra user which i couldnt get rid of
    so windows no longer logged on by itself.

if .net was 1 download and sorted itself in place without trying to take over my
    system I *might* consider installing it.

if ATI want to go .net then their installer should handle downloading/installing of
    .net components, or MSshould have forced .net on us so it was already there.

it`s just too manual which can only lead to varied results.

(well you asked !)
    higgles.
    8)

7. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Alright, CCC it is. :)

I'm one of those who feel it's a bit bloaty, but please don't attack me for it. The reasons for my feeling that way are because of the long load time it takes and the splash screen.

If there was an option hidden in the CCC somewhere deep to disable the splash screen, (so ATi could leave it on by default to get their branding thing going and the more knowledgeable/advanced users could choose to disable it), and ATi were to improve the load time, (which I'm pretty sure they're doing so I think that problem will go away soon), then I don't think I'd have a problem with it.

I don't HATE the new CCC, I just have some reservations about it and I'm sort of old school and don't take to change too easy.

8. Yallrun

Yallrun New Member

Hi digitalwanderer,
    About how long does it take to load? I just want to compare mine, it takes about 3 to 5 seconds on my machine. Which is a long time in PC terms.

Yallrun

9. Maniak

Maniak New Member

There's just one :)
    But it sure doesn't help that the SP1 was released right before the CCC. Adding 10 more MB to the first 20MB, + the 20MB of the CCC itself isn't really attracting.

That's Windows XP for you :)

Well, it was 1 download before the SP1, and doesn't take over anything (it just breaks a useless 'bell & whistle' of WinXP which would have been better off using the standard auto-logon feature instead of trying to be original, but I digress :) )

Still, the installation hassle is a perfectly understandable point. The only possible argument being that it only needs to be done once. There's been one update to the .NET 1.1 framework in a year and a half, so there's really nothing to fear about 'constant updating'. It's just been bad timing for the CCC :)

That would be great. If the CCC installer was able to launch an internet installation of .NET (à la IE/DirectX). The download would still be needed, but everything would be in one place (and the SP1 would already be included).

I don't know if it's easily doable, but it surely would help a lot. That, and fixing automatically the XP login screwup (though I really don't see this as the responsibility of ATI or even of the .NET installation).

That I doubt they'll do anytime soon. Unless maybe they launch an important app using .NET (aimed at the general users). But with the 2.0 framework on its way, the 1.1 version will probably not be 'forced' on anyone.

Until then, the automatic internet installation of .NET by the CCC installer would be the biggest help for all those hurting at the idea of installing .NET with their own hands :)

10. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Hi Yallrun! :D

Yeah, about the same here on Bubbles and it is like an ENTERNITY to me. :(

I just ain't used to anything being very slow anymore, yet it is.

I'm sure they'll improve it though, the latest CCC is a bit quicker than the original for me.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  11. Yallrun

Yallrun New Member

Ah ok Bubbles and my machine are roughly the same specs, so it should load the same. That's what I was wondering. If one of us had that splash screen loading way faster then the other, then one of us has a hard issue, but that's not the case, just checking. Thanks!:cool:

Yallrun

12. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

13. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

i have made this update everytime i format, it never installs an additional account, nor do i have any problems with logging on. what version are u using of windows?

i feel the load times could be better too, and we dont need the flash intro on the welcome screen, and we should be able to turn off the preview, which should be in the next version.

other small examples like the above will fix stuff. load times is the thing that some have a problem with sometimes.

14. Pleasure

Pleasure New Member

After a long time I visited this forum again which I only read so far. The reason for looking into it was the, in my eyes arrogant, answer by Terry Makedon that the future will bring us CCC only drivers.
    Too sad the thread has been closed. I ask myself if software makers will ever stop to make new software not work better but just look better for the cost of resources. After years I just changed from nVidia back to Ati just to find out that I'm now feeling some kind of beeing forced to switch back cause of CCC.

Now I saw this poll and I just couldn't resist to post. Very clever to split the the negative answers into three so it doesn't look that bad. I wonder if Ati hears the 45% of people who don't like the idea of their ressource eating .net needing eye-candy control panel.

15. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

I dont see anything arrogant, CCC is the future and when most of the bugs are out and people are getting happier with the CCC the old CP will be droped
    untill then the ATI team are supplying both flavours
    they could have just dumped the old cp and made everyone use this current version but there not they know there are problems so untill then they are releaseing both flavours to keep people happy in the mean time untill they have a more polished CCC build released.

you have to remember this CCC is still pritty beta and its getting better with every release i wish people would understand this the new CCC will allow faster programability and update easyier for better stability and performance.

You will see what i mean in the future so please stop bashing the ati team
    they do there best. for someone with only 3 posts to bash a team sponsered by driverheaven and are freinds with is pritty cruel. watch your words .

16. Gizmo[5h1t3]

Gizmo[5h1t3] New Member

here here virus....its about time people stopped hammering anything the development team do...ffs....as virus says..its still in a "beta" stage really.

bout time people realised that they have to move with the times.
    if that wasnt the case....we`d all still be relying on SLI configuration with voodoo cards....rofl.

when our black and white telly became outdated...we moved on...why cant u?

jeezus...theres no helping some people...all they wanna do is complain!!!
    if it eats up resources...buy some more ram ffs....whaaaaaaaaa

17. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

Virus2K:
    Hehe...unbelieveable. This sentence seems to run under the assumption that I and everyone else must use an ATI product, and must go along like whipped and herded sheep with whatever some company in Canada,:lol: :rofl: , tells us to do.

Uuuhhh...dunno how things go up their in the Great White North, but down here in the good ol' US of A, the customer is always right, whether they are or not literally.

No customers=no company=no jobs.

Now, I'm not saying that ATI will be the only company to use this .NET and assorted other ??, but someone of intelligence at ATI needs to keep in mind things like marketshare...customer satisfaction, and customer service.

This topic gets worse everyday it seems like with more argueing,
    and veiled "threats"...which may be too strong a word, but the basic meaning is there.

I'm not going to comment on this topic any further, rather I'll watch and see how it plays out.

And also...nothing personal Virus...there are more people than you
    taking this stance...just happens you made the most blatant and most recent.;)

18. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

im just getting pig sick of people bashing ati....
    they are doing there very best here and could do with out the hassle,
    and about the cp pannel the statment i made above was ati could have just dumped the old cp pannel and then everyone that wanted the latest update would have to install the new CCC pannel to get the updates working but they didint they know there new CCC has flaws thats why there waiting and giveing out both flavours for th etime being to keep all customers happy.

the future is looking bright just not as bright as some people think they want everything fixed HERE NOW RELEASE kinda moto and they shoudl relize this takes time.

now on the other hand this moto is perfectly fine if and only if its driver related games ect. but takeing this moto with a CCC pannel is crazy hehe.

just wait people :)

19. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

It's new and needs some refineing but it's far from being a "beta"