New DH Site skin

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Announcements' started by HardwareHeaven, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

looks pretty slick here

2. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

this thing is sickkkkk...... is a good way:p

3. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Nice, looks like my desktop - all that black - but I have a scene from dextor.

4. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

20Mbit connection from UK and page takes ages to load... :(

5. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I prefer light airy themes but tis decent.

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Suits me to a T. After using Midnight Heaven since it first became available, this is a nice change.

MIG: All my Search buttons and such are showing....was it not fixed when you posted?

Also, I also miss the link to the Front Page by clicking on DriverHeaven in the upper left of the screen. Not a biggie, though, as I can still click in the Driverheaven.net link in the next line.

7. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

All the links are still working fine within the forums.I still don't ANY Tags showing on the front page.

I've tried clearing my cache (BTW IE7) etc.I still have to go via the recent threads to gain access to the forums.

In the mean time i have diverted back to Pureheaven.. i hope these issues are sorted out as i like the new theme.

The other minor issue i have noticed.If a news post is on the front page (appart from the source url) these show as normal text but alters once i hover the curser over the link.Under all the other themes these are either Bold or Underlined.I can't see if these are selectable links.This for me is an important part for news..

You will see from this image highligted between the two red marks.That is actually a clickable url.In all themes it's shows appart from this new one.It's not obvious to those who may not be aware.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yeah its not meant to on that particular theme, it links to intels gaming site.

havent seen that (if you have further information on that with screenshots. browser info etc, drop them over to craig5320), however they will change sizes if images are in them.

9. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Like the clean layout with not so much fluff/dead space in between posts. Now with the cyborg heaven colors I'd be stuck. ;)

10. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

looks like i jumped the gun on that one, peoples signitures are whats changing the box size.

11. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

that's something your end, the site loads just fine with this skin :)

12. HardwareHeaven

13. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

hey you guys aren't the only ones with dns issues. This seems to be a worldly thing. We got calls from our customers in north carolina USA, some canadian and west coast for cableone, road runner, and cox. My roadrunner worked and outside dsl didn't have a problem.

14. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

nice job guys, its colorful, clean and lovely n dark. I like the concept of these skins, quite fresh and I like it when sites like gamespot do it too. If it funds my favourite tech site, im happy!

I hate the way some tech sites have ads for dating and smilies and crap like that. I actually bought a video card from an ad here a while ago. good adverts, I don't mind them.

15. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Only problem I've seen so far with it is some threads tell me how many posts I have in them.

16. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

BEAUTIFUL skin!

17. Dyre Straits

Glad to see I'm not alone in the DNS issues department. I'm on 12Mbits Cable and sometimes the pages take anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute to load. It's actually something I've mentioned before and it comes and goes, but usually DH is one of the slower forums to load for me. I still don't know why. I clear my cache at least once per night, delete all the junk via CCleaner, and spam via Ad-Aware and I've turned off the auto-phishing.

Most of the time, I just figure there's a lot of traffic here on DH and that adds to the congestion.

But, on topic, re: the new skin: I do really like it. But, the text is too bright white compared to Midnight Heaven. Does anyone else wish it were just a little more off-white? (Could the brightness also be that the background is pure black in most cases?)

Otherwise, it's fine and dandy.

18. ronnn

ronnn New Member

I like it, but found it a little hard on my eyes (am tired). So have changed over to skyheaven

19. HardwareHeaven

The original skin I designed wasnt a pure black background with pure white text, but intel wanted it specifically this way. There are a few things we have changed to suit their requirements not my design ideas that were originally implemented. You can rest assured that everything you see on this theme is exactly the way intel have requested it.

20. Dyre Straits

And, if Intel's happy, we should be thrilled to death. ;)