New LFE problem

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by tzi, Jan 10, 2006.

1. tzi

tzi New Member

Hi!

I switched to WindowsXP Pro today and I have big issues with the LFE. I installed the latest beta drivers (xxxxi) and configured my soundcard with a 4.0 speaker setup. The part which drives me crazy is, that the LFE settings are not saved!

So, I open surrounder+, choose the 4.0 quadro movie mode preset, set surround to "off", choose speaker test, everything is fine.
    LFE is hearable, left/right - front/rear, everything is there.

I then say "save settings -> default.kx" - check all options (so I save *everything*), reboot windows.

After windows came up, LFE does not work - surround does. I choose to load the default settings, LFE still does not work. Choosing "4.0 quadro movie mode" does the trick....

Whats the problem? Where is the magic key that needs to be pressed so saving the settings *do* actually work?

Any ideas? Pleeeease! :)

TIA!
    --
    TZi

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

makes sure the windows sounds control panel is set to 5.1, so that kX has full access to the card's outputs

3. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Maybe you need to save the surrounder changes as a surrounder preset?? But I thought save settings would save this anyway.. maybe a bug with surrounder??